Texas Garage Condos | FerrariChat

Texas Garage Condos

Discussion in 'Texas' started by brian0473, Jul 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I pass the build site for this every day on my way into the office. According to their website only one unit has been pre-sold so far. I'm trying to figure out how to convince my wife that I need one. Fortunately (or is that unfortunately) I have garage space right now...guess I need to go toy shopping!

Anyone else thinking about buying one of these?

Texas Garage Condos ? Own an upscale, affordable and customizable garage condo

2. Xtreme5053

Xtreme5053 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 20, 2006
    What's the damage on these things? Wasn't able to find pricing on the website???

3. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Based on what I have seen in other markets for similar offerings I'm guessing somewhere around $115k for the average sizes. Pure speculation.

4. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Depends on what an "average size" is for an expected $115K (Brian's speculative $ comment). Most of the offerings are 1,000 sq ft which would be a bit nicer than a 3 car garage space-wise and one could live with the stacked rather than side-by-side parking arrangement. I just went thru an exercise to build a large garage in Virginia, but Houston might be lesser construction costs. However, this looks like it might be a good deal. Wish they had them in Virginia and Florida to look into.

5. dc3843

dc3843 Karting

Dec 13, 2014
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    David Conrad
    I called last week and looked into them. The new facility in Frisco, for their largest garage which is a 40x40 unit, its 305k. For their smallest, 24x32 unit is 169k. I told them to kick rocks at that point. I can remodel my garage for that and add way more space. lol

6. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    I have been to the one in Plano several times. While I do agree the cost is a factor. I know I should NOT buy one. I know I would be there 24/7 hanging out with the guys. Plano is filled with all gearheads and I have had a good time every time I was there.

7. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    They can't seem to get the project planned for Allen started. Has the one in Frisco broken ground.

8. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    The ones here in the Denver area are $170 to $250 per sq foot for a shell, I would love to purchase one but for that kind of money I can have a lot of car fun. Also dont forget the $300 per month fee.

9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I don't understand. To me, this would only make sense at a track. Why would I want to drive somewhere just to drive my car?

10. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    That's insane for a monthly common fee! Do they have armed guards patrolling 24/7?

11. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Think about having a large car collection and there is no room for expansion. This seems to be a common thing in Dallas.