From a close friend of Michael Schumacher... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

From a close friend of Michael Schumacher...

Discussion in 'F1' started by Formula Uno, Jul 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Sorry to hear all this. I sincerely hope that both of you get better soon.

Keep fighting, ELP and Daytona! FORZA!!!!!!!!

2. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    Oh man, wasn't expecting all that support. Just mentioned my illness not to sound like a prick. THANKS A MILLION to all of you, brothers and sisters, for your good wishes. I've been in contact with Daytona355, and we both will continue fighting like hell, even though we both are facing a losing battle with our rare leukemias at the moment. Never did any drugs, smoking, or alcohol in my life, always fit, never sick, eating not perfect but very good, and BAM! But what did me in is something I want ALL OF YOU to ever repeat: GET CHECKED EVERY YEAR folks. I always did... except that fateful early November of 2014 afternoon, when I decided it was more important to attend a freaking movie with my daughter that was visiting from Austin, than my annual check-up. And no, didn't go after that, leaving it for next year because I was very fit with no issues. Next February I was fighting for my life, due to no typical symptoms, so was doomed from there. Othewise, I'd have caught it at a perfect time, and probably be in full remission a couple of months after. You simply never know. I want to pass that on to as many folks as I can, and then you pass it along to others. We can't prevent something like this, but early detection is critical. Okay, enough. Don't wish this to anybody, so hopefully we're fighting this instead of our children, and instead of many of you;). Thanks again for your support. Now back to subject.

3. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    ELP, if I may politely ask, what test was it you regret postponing? PLease PM me if this is not something you wish to be on F'Chat.
    God Bless!

4. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I honestly wish the best for all of you! MS donated quietly to many charities that were not published. I can't read this post anymore.

5. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    Thought I made it clear; sorry about that. My yearly check-up, which is a physical with blood work. The most important part is the blood work. Anything brewing, wrong, or that requires attention (like high cholesterol, high glucose, etc), should show up. And just go from there (if needed). My leukemia would had been ultra obvious at that time, but at the perfect time for treatment, and with no complications. Oh well. Hope nobody else here has to regret not doing this. Do it not only for yourselves, but for you families, especially with kids still in your care.

6. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Best wishes Sid and ELP!

7. ionnis

ionnis Rookie

Jul 4, 2015
    #32 ionnis, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Thank you for this topic, and sorry also to hear the other revelations : Best wishes to Sid and ELP.
    To come back to the MSC subject, could her reaction be linked to the fact that Schumacher's wife forbides his friends to get news and see him ?
    That's something I find insane.... for his friends who can't know anything, and for Schumacher himself: if he has the slightest awareness, can you imagine him spending his entire life without seeing anybody and get support from his friends ? a complete confinement, just in order to «protect his privacy»? What an absolute hell of a life.

8. njb8199

njb8199 Rookie

Mar 10, 2010
    I'm in the same boat as Daytona and ELP as well.

9. cptndon

cptndon Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2005
    Annapolis
    +1 on the annual check up. Turns out I have a myeloma that may never develop into anything. But I KNOW and see an oncologist to keep track of it.
    re living wills, etc; they must be legal and/or notarized documents. Hospitals(in our experience)cannot/will not respond to verbal instructions.

Best to everyone.

10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    stay strong! I enjoy your posts on here

11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009