F355 Market | Page 107 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Fair for buyer and seller for that car, in my opinion. Especially considering the bomb dropped by the previous owner.

2. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I got a kick out of that. :)

I also liked the homemade challenge grill.

3. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    What was the bomb that was dropped? I didn't follow that.

Robb

4. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Seller said the car had never been tracked.

Prior owner chimed in and said he used to track it all the time and do donuts or something like that.

Not a big deal I guess for a 50k berlinetta, but funny nonetheless.

5. ace51

ace51 Karting

Jun 30, 2008
    NC
    My car is going off around 11:15 PM EST tonight if you guys want a accurate value for your 95B with some miles. Grab the popcorn :)

6. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The best of luck.

7. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    That is a funny revelation.

Robb

8. 8500rpm

8500rpm Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    San Francisco Bay
    Full Name:
    Chan
    One negative is that the fuel block recall appears to be the original on this car.

While that doesn't mean it's a bad car, it's a sign that it may not have been driven much in recent years. And we all know what happens when a car doesn't get driven...

All F355s should be updated to the newer fuel block (which sits much higher than the original) which positions the braided fuel lines further away from abrasive mounting structures nearby.

Also, I'm sure that interior is not Cuoio. It looks like the normal beige/tan/whatever Ferrari called it.

9. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Didn't move an inch over the last few days.

Hope the buyer shows up because I honestly was watching because I want to put mine up for sale.

10. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    If the recall has not been completed, it's not a big issue as it can be done for free forever. Supplying the VIN to a dealer would confirm it.

11. ace51

ace51 Karting

Jun 30, 2008
    NC
    It appears that the winning bidder was some kid, or a scammer, something doesn't line up. Hasn't called me, profile shows Charlotte NC as location but his address given to me was some $800,000 castle outside of Pittsburgh, even has a nice matching facebook profile with some kid in front of a 458.

I hate eBay!

If someone wants a 95 F355B that needs an engine out then message me. Price is $57,500 firm.

12. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Aaron - I pointed this post to a member here looking for a 355 and yours fits what he is looking for. Best of luck :)

13. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Yup not a big deal. When I got my car it hadn't been done, emailed my VIN to the dealer to see if there were any outstanding recalls. They replied with 2 (one for the fuel block and another for the driver's seat belt). Took my car there and they fixed it.

14. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    madmap,
    Sorry, I haven't visited in a while. Regarding the black car: It ticks most of the buttons and looks very nice, but sadly, I don't think any of our "ordinary" 355s are worth $85K today. Maybe 70-75 tops. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it today.

15. PorscheGuy

PorscheGuy Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Irving TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just drove mine today. I've had two 458's, Scuderia, gated 360 spider and a superamerica. The F355 is a bargain and still shocks me to see these cars so low. I'm never selling mine so it doesnt really matter but still crazy.

16. yvesolution

yvesolution Karting

Apr 26, 2010
    Cabo Verde
    Last year I paid 86k€ for my 95 pre-airbag 2.7 GTB red/beige, shields, Capristo, perfect service history, 80000kms (Europe)

17. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    As soon as they hit 30 years old, we should see the European market heat up for our cars . I like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Oh, good. My son will make a killing....

19. Fundlawyer

Fundlawyer Karting

Jul 30, 2009
    Old Westbruy, NY
    Full Name:
    Douglas Hirsch
    My personal experience in the market tells me that 355 F1 Spiders are the cheapest 355 to buy. Decent ones trade from 60-70k. Yes, a couple of have sold recently at auction and on BAT at around 50k, but I dont consider any of them "decent". They were very rough - missing pieces, no fuel line recall performed, poor service history, etc.

Berlinettas and GTS's trade higher. A 3 pedal GTS just sold at Bonhams in Europe for 81k with buyers premium. The car had about 35k kilometers and was not presented very well. It looked like it was missing the fuel line recall and there was no info on the service history. The major had been performed 500kms ago, but there was no date as to when it was performed. The car looked to be a 7 at best. Last summer, a three pedal GTS sold for 80k at Greenwhich. No information on service history. recently a three pedal 1997 GTS sold on BAT. Seemed like a nice car. It was 71.5k plus buyer's premium. I think the buyer stole that car, but it may have been discounted due to it being a canadian car.

So, the fact that F1 Spiders in poor shape are selling at 50k reinforces to me that the 355 market is actually fairly strong as I see those cars clearly marking the bottom of the range.

20. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Glad I have a 3 pedal GTS in excellent condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. madmap

madmap Karting

Oct 14, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks vracer. I have been going back and forth between a real estate investment or another Ferrari. Real estate is pretty hot right now in Phoenix so pretty sure I would make more on the real estate deal vs. the 355 but it just looks soooo nice!

22. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
  23. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken

The last price i saw on ebay was $43k BIN, looks like a dealer if flipping it now

24. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    yes. same pictures.

for what i'm looking for, it's really tempting.

sjd

25. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #2675 kenneyd, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017

At $43, it was a no brainer, still a good deal at $50k.
    Just inspect it, well. Likely a great drivers car, as long as it was sorted out correctly

Here was the $43k ad http://www.ebay.com/itm/182683720356?rmvSB=true

Shady thing is the new dealer probably doesn't even have the car yet, already listed it. Someone should give them a call and ask about the condition, see if they are good b.s'ers