LAS VEGAS DINING | Page 9 | FerrariChat

LAS VEGAS DINING

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by Steelton Keith, Oct 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Thanks. You're OK for an Eagles fan!
    My wife still raves about it. It's among the best things we've ever tasted.
    T

2. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Argh.. just got back from 4 days at Bellagio and was really hoping to try Le Cirque but they closed for a week, starting the day before I arrived. No truffle risotto for me!

3. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    actually headed to vegas next weekend...girlfriend REALLY wants to try Sage. thoughts?

4. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I haven't been to Sage yet, but everyone I know that has been there loves it.

Mark

5. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Wade. Can only offer one dinner experience (four of us) from about a year ago. 2 very good meals, one good, one just OK. service was fine. A little on the pricey side for what was delivered. Aggressive wine pricing (LAS norm nowadays). If you give it a try let us know how it went; I've been thinking of going back.

6. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    We dined at Joe's in the Forum mall, and I have to say that was one of the best meals I've ever had in Vegas or anywhere for that matter.

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I've eaten there. It is quite good.

8. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I've been to Sage a number of times and always enjoyed it. I'm not a picky eater but even my foodie friends raved about it... definitely worth a shot.

9. Sushimon355

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    thanks guys, I'll report back after we give it a try.

10. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

I do enjoy a night at Joe's and the Forum Shops with the wife.

11. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Wasn't necessarily hungry at 3pm, but passed the Trop which was advertising Robert Irvine's Public House was officially open to the public today, so I stopped by to give it a shot. Like I said I wasn't in the mood to eat some elaborate heavy meal, so I just settled for a burger. The menu is fairly minimalist with each section highlighting an Irvine specialty of the house. The burger was one of those Robert's recommendations, so I got it. It was called a Fondue Burger and when the bring it to your table they pour a large bowl of fondue over it. While the cheese was a mild cheddar I wouldn't recommend having them pour it over the top, much better to use the bowl to dip like a jus. Anyway, this town has a myriad of options for good burgers at a variety of price points, but I'd add this one to the list, it was a good quality of beef so that's half the battle. Also had an heirloom tomato salad, very good, it's a amazing how many tomato salads there are out there that are just blah, but admittedly this is one the better ones. So far so good, at last the banofee pie (banana cream with toffee filling) and this was average and it was a Irvine specialty. So for a new place 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I'd go again and the two items I mentioned are safe choices. Felt it was worth a revisit for further menu exploration down the road.

12. Sushimon355

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    just reporting back as promised. we did enjoy Sage but with all of the fantastic places in town, I'd rank it lower on the list of places I'd go back to.

now if you like sweetbreads (and I do), the appetizer was one of the tastiest sweetbread dishes I've ever eaten. I'd order it as an entree and be very very happy. we're foie gras fans so also ordered the brulee appetizer...a little underwhelming unfortunately.

both entrees were very tasty but not standout dishes. I ordered the iberico pork and my girlfriend got the scallops w/ braised oxtails. as I mentioned, tasty but neither were dishes I must go back for.

Keith, you were spot on w/ wine pricing but nothing too surprising.

13. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Damn what do you eat when you are hungry ? :D

14. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    That's why I've been selling a lot of my old Ferrari clothing in the classifieds, it's like I'm the Incredible Hulk, but instead of muscles, it's my stomach busting through all the clothes.

15. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sure seems like a BIG meal for not being hungry but my little wife is the same way. She will say she's not hungry and put away some food.

16. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    My wife and I went to Oscar's Steak House at the Plaza on Main Street Saturday night. I would warn people not to go at 9:30pm. I thought we would be ok since they don't close till 10:30 but I guess we were pushing it. The steak was decent but nothing special. The service started out good but quickly went down hill (probably due to the late hour). My wife ordered calamari, it never came, the steak, 40 oz bone in Rib Eye meant for 2 had a MONSTER bone. The steak itself was probably less than 20 oz. Good thing my wife is a light eater. They said the bake potatoes are big enough for 2 to share but when it came out it was pretty small. Mac and Cheese was pretty good as well as the asparagus. The view is pretty nice though and the singer walking around was a nice touch. It took a long time to get a "to go" box and even longer to get our check. I ended up just paying cash for the dinner so I didn't have to wait any more. Over all out of 5 stars I would give it a 3, I think for our visit that might be generous but I am trying to be understanding. Would I go back? Well probably not unless a family member just had to try it while in town.

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Mr. and Mrs Joker and I had dinner last night at Bazaar Meats at the SLS. They had been there before. It was my first time.

I was surprised at how busy it was for a Sunday night.

It's a pretty amazing experience. If you like meat, it's the place to go. Taking the advice of Mr. Joker I had one of the taster menu's. I think we spent 3 hours having dinner together. It ain't cheap but few great things are!

anunakki, joker57676 and daytona355 like this.
  19. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Definitely a good meal and fun time. Glad we were able to get together.

anunakki likes this.
  20. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Giving this thread a boost. Would enjoy hearing about latest finds (any price point, any cuisine). Back in LAS with another couple first week in May (beginning the 5th). Particularly interested in any Thai experiences. As noted, I've been to LoS maybe ten times but I hear there are several new options, including one downtown. I'm all ears. Thanks in advance, Keith

21. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The wife and I almost went there this weekend (Made it to the door) but we ended up at the Gordons inside Caesars. My wife likes the Shepard's Pie there which I had this time and enjoyed.

22. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #222 Lotaz, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    My wife and I ate at Echo and Riggs Saturday night, love the steaks there. Pretty neat butcher shop there as well. It's at Tivoli Village off Rampart. I do recommend it. (read some reviews that were not so good so it might be hit or miss but I enjoyed it both times I went)

Then Sunday I had to get my Green Chili fix. Being from NM I love my green chili

Image Unavailable, Please Login

wax and daytona355 like this.
  23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That’s the meanest looking Lotus I’ve seen in a while

wax, Lotaz and TheMayor like this.
  24. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

Thank you! I have put a lot of money in my car and I appreciate the compliment!

daytona355 likes this.
  25. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Pretty too. I always like that body style they did.