2001 360 GATED for under $80k in GA!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2001 360 GATED for under $80k in GA!!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedNeck, Jul 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Car wraps are cheap and fun, and black interior goes with almost anything . Only limitation is the painted headlights. But one forum member here has a red wrap over silver and left the headlights alone and it looks ok.

2. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Funny, but Argento is actually one of my top colors. I know Grigio is close but it's really not. Wraps-- not for me. Plus not really sure about how easily and cleanly these wraps come off once you tire of them.
    Seems like there would have to have some paint degeneration due to the years of contact with adhesive. They're popular now but I just wonder what the consensus will be in 10 years when these wraps are removed. Okay if it's the next guys problem, but I intend on keeping my 360 for some time.

3. soin

soin Rookie

Oct 27, 2012
  4. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Well... how about painting over the whole car with some original ppg color? That's a big job but if it's done correctly, why not. And especially if the car is a keeper for you. Cost estimate 5-10k.

5. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    a really nice Giallo/black/ yellow piping, HRE wheels, 6 speed gated car in MA. just went unsold this morning on e-bay as the auction ended with no bids on the opening price of 89K.

What's both puzzling and alarming to 3 pedal fans, the same car was listed two weeks ago on e-bay for 74,998.00 and the reserve was openly stated to be at 74.999.00. The auction ended with NO BIDS. Meaning anyone could have brought this car home with them for
    75K. The puzzling part is why just two weeks later re-list it on e-bay again for nearly 15K MORE than the price it did not sell at two weeks prior (?)

go figure(?)

6. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Well, actually I own a restoration shop here in Florida. I can tell you that a repaint color change would probably cost twice that much-- and that's doing it in my shop with my guys and myself. For a customer it could easily go as high as $18--$25K depending on the amount of disassembly. Remember a color change needs to be effected everywhere there was factory color used. That's a lot of inaccessible areas that need to be accessed. And don't forget hours of wet sanding and buffing...

I use DuPont products and while I like the PPG, I can tell you that a base/clear coat job of that size would cost about 3K in materials alone (value shade sealer, basecoat, high end clear coat) in either PPG or DuPont. Plus your resale options plummet. Yes, sure, I plan on keeping the car, but we all will face resale at one point down the line.

There's currently over 140 360's nationwide for sale right now. I've already seen more than a handful that I would be happy with in terms of color combos, so probably not really something to consider.

7. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Just a thought =) There are options for a buyer in the US. In my country, there has been two manual 360s for sale in the past two years. Other one was high mileage car and other one I luckily bought!

8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I think there is a "stay away from a cheap Ferrari" mentality that scares a lot of people away. If people see a lot of 100k 360's they are going to assume that a 60-70k gated car needs a lot of work, even if its perfect.

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I got a "high" mileage Grigio/Bordeaux so I can totally relate! :D

10. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Maybe so, but this example was (and still is) offered by the dealership McLaren in PA-- pretty reputable dealer. Most would assume this is not a car being offered up as a car needing a "lot of work" I actually made a play for the car after it did not sell. Certainly looked all the world to me as a pretty nice car. Well documented, decent mileage, and overall pretty nice condition. But I have a 911 trade (to save about 50K in sales taxes) and they simply would not come close to a decent trade in price. So I moved on.

After following these cars (f360's) every day for about 6 to 7 weeks now on about 5 different websites that are used car listing websites, I can tell you I see the expensive cars, reasonable cars, and even the cheap cars simply not selling.

I'm patient. I'm sure sellers will be more motivated come this fall when the "driving season" comes to a close.

We'll see...

11. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Matt: I actually kind of like the Bordeaux. It's not red, but toned down some. I can live with that. My infamous short list includes a low mileage Argento/Bordeaux car. Sadly, it's an F1 though.

Also I like the metallic burgundy color (exterior-- don't know the correct Ferrari name for it). There's one here in Florida with tan/burgundy piping. F1 but worse it's a sunroof car. URGH!

12. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    That is Rosso Fiorino! My absolute favorite color for a 360. The sunroof cars are pretty rare..

Mine was fully Bordeaux but i tore the carpet out and replaced it with black..

13. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Good choice. I cannot believe how gray carpets in a black interior car can change the whole character of the interior. There's one car I've been looking at and thinking..."gee, that black interior isn't TOO bad."

It's just that being in Florida black interiors are tough to live with. Even parking the car for just a half hour or so, whew, it's hell. I had a black car with a bone interior and the car never really got that hot. Taught me that interiors are more responsible for heat than the color of the car.

14. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Heat index for today @ 105 degrees

15. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #40 andy308, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My 360 Manual is Rosso Fiorano and I love it, tough to find but worth it if you do.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    #41 espvh, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Rnye

Rnye Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    Car looks good to me. I don't like the carpet color, but looks like a nice, fun driver.

18. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    wow guys. Thanks for the post. Always tough to judge a color in one photo posted by the dealer. I've always liked that "red" too-- on most any car.

Andy: Lucky guy! beautiful.

19. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Rnye: did you find the car I was talking about?

I would probably change the carpet to a tan color. It would change the whole complexion of the interior. Also not liking the gray wheels and blacked out tips and emblems. Easy changes of course.

20. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    That Rosso Fiorano looks elegant.

But remember what Curt said earlier: "Just don't black out the wheels!!"

21. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Take a look at TheDingo's car (do a post search), it's Rosso Fiorino with black centercaps, really makes a difference. One the best looking 360's..

22. Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2014
    Interesting update on this car...

They did ~$11,000 of work to it through Ferrari of Atlanta.
    - full major all fluids w/ timing belt and tensioners
    - replace MAF and spark plugs for CEL
    - replace motor mounts

They did not:
    - replace leaking AC compressor (still blows cold)
    - replace leaking valve covers (not leaking to lower tray)
    - repair sticky interior

The clutch also appears to have been replaced at some point, possibly ~50% remaining.

My understanding is the car could be had for $75,000 after all this work

23. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Decent price for the car without seeing it. But for me the color combo is a non starter. Gated 6 speed is a lure, but... with the car still having some issues, and a color combo not there for me, I'd be less than excited to see the 3 pedals.

But for someone with an itch for a gated car... Probably a good deal. Certainly the cheapest one I've seen.

24. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wow. Almost makes me wish I would have waited about 8 months...oh well, someone is going to get an amazing deal.

25. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    My 360 that is listed for sale in the classifieds on F-Chat is way nicer than this one!!!!!
    Check it out.... Asking $85k USD.