How do you remove the vent plates at base of windshield? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How do you remove the vent plates at base of windshield?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Need4Spd, Jul 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. proggero

proggero Rookie

Apr 18, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Paul Roggero
    I had the interesting experience of picking my 360 up from a major service last week and found that several of the pins/clips were broken off on both vent covers. Three on the passenger side. Two on the driver side. Working with the service provider to resolve the issue. Just for fun, I called a Ferrari dealer to find out the cost. $149 per vent cover. Lowest cost that I found was $69 each.

2. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    +1

I just did the same on my 456. Easy but a bit tedious. Just be deliberate, careful, and go slow.

3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

Yes, and have long arms and train for the contortions by practicing yoga.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. kommons

kommons Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I bought 2 sets of those metal vents. I wasn't happy with the accuracy of the part. It doesn't match up 1:1 with OEM. It also doesn't have the "channel" to direct the air like the oem. It just as the open slots.

It has to be secured from both sides, because you need a nut behind it. In all honesty, the warping of the vent is from the leather pulling, not the plastic loosing it's mind. What these vents would do is "fight" the leather if it stretches again and stay in place longer.

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Send me a PM, I have a much easier method