2001 360 GATED for under $80k in GA!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2001 360 GATED for under $80k in GA!!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedNeck, Jul 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2014
    No offense, but your car is higher mileage, no rear challenge grill, and it had the front bumper replaced from an accident. What makes it $10,000 better than this car?

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Gotta be the silver centercaps :)

3. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Is your car for sale?

4. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Did this GA car ever sell?

Another data point was the (apparently) very nice red/black spider that was just bid to $90k at Mecum (and didn't sell).

The 3-pedal premium appears to have narrowed considerably if not entirely evaporated...

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Apparently it sold for 70k and needed a tranny rebuild. I dont think it has completely evaporated, that is still a premium. Ferraris in general priced with the market dont really seem to be moving quickly, 360's especially. I think we are moving out of sports car buying season..

6. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    The demand for gated cars won't go away ever (or at least in our lifetime). Phrary haven't made them after 2009 and that makes this fact pretty solid. There will always be a group of enthusiasts who are willing to pay a premium to get a 3 pedal car. How much, it changes over time. And frankly, who cares!

If you like it, you buy it. Or don't and move on.

7. basscase415

basscase415 Karting

Jun 10, 2017
    CA
    The Mecum car was gray market and could not be registered in CA.

Also, the Mecum listing says it has Daytonas, which it clearly doesn't judging from the photos.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0817-300209/2001-ferrari-360-spider/

8. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #58 Kevin Rev'n, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The servicing dealer just finished looking this car over so a conversation with the mechanic should be able to clear anything up correct? I saw in the ad that they scanned the invoice for the last service but left off page 2!

Is this your update "after" you talked to them. Wasn't it you that mentioned they owed you a call after the car was serviced? What issues remain?

Which car are you talking about here?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    What did you find out?

Decal inside the front hood should say what the color is. Anyone curious should have the dealer send a photo of the decal.

10. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I should have qualified that as hearsay, it was on the "Market Value" thread, said by another member, don't remember who. The only thing I know is that when I looked at the car at FoA while it was in for servicing, Micheal mentioned something about looking at the differential. I haven't been back to the dealer since then to see if it actually sold or not.

I do want to go back and see their gated Gallardo....suuuuuuper tempting

11. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  12. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    The dealer (Paul Smith) contacted me via e-mail to say they finally got the car back from being serviced and asked if I was still interested in the car. I told him I had purchased another car (which I had and will post photos here soon). I did not ask about the service or what repairs were made. Paul was very polite and I commend him on his follow up. Seems like a good place to buy from.

I just didn't warm up to the color combo. The car I bought is Azzurro Blu with the light beige/blue piping although it is an F1 not a 6 speed gated. After driving manual shift 911's for years, I'm kind of looking forward to the experience of the F1. To add, I frankly could not see spending the "premiums" folks were asking for the 3 pedal cars.

13. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    The other issues were discussed with the dealer on my first contact. IIRC the car had not a lot of history (service records) and the cosmetics were a little lacking. But that's what I was finding in my search for a 360. 3 pedal cars of the same money, same year, were usually less documented, little less well cared for cosmetically than the F1 cars in the same category. The really nicely documented, all books, all records, meticulously maintained 6 speed cars were clearly 20 to 30K more than the really nice comparable F1 cars I looked at. Just didn't seem worth it to me. Getting a really nicely documented, cared for F1 car made more sense. And by saving the 20 to 30K on the buy in I can do exhaust, wheels, and other upgrades to an F1 and be more happy with a really nice car for the same money that would buy just a "decent" 6 speed gated car. Just the way I look at it.

14. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    I test drove a 2004 V10 manual Gallardo couple weeks ago.

For me it was a disappointment in every way. Perhaps I expected too much? Compared to a gated 360, Gallardo felt stiff and the steering unresponsive. No go-kart feeling present. Also the power was not what I expected and you can't see out from the car that well. The gears don't go in clicking against the gate. All in all shifting this car was not really satisfactory either.

Sounds were very modest, even in a tunnel. There was a factory exhaust on the car though. Most inside control buttons borrowed from Audi TT. I am sorry if I offended people who like this car, it just wasn't fun to drive at all. Perhaps a sports car is better just with rear wheel drive, not four. Price- and powerwise Gallardo is comparable with 430. If it doesn't hold a candle with 360, then a 430 would just murder it in every aspect!

This test drive made me love my 360 even more.

15. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Well then maybe I need to drive it then! My 360 and I have a somewhat dysfunctional relationship :)

16. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
  17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    #67 RedNeck, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Unsold...ebay doesnt seem to be too kind to selling 360s.

18. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
  19. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    not sure that's a bid. I think that is the price the seller wants to start the bidding at.

20. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    It has 1 bid at the starting price of 85k

21. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Bid doesn't equate to a sale on eBay since there are so many time wasters, however, assuming it's legit then yeah it's a good sign for gated cars.

22. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    #72 Mikael-F360, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    That grigio 360 looks decent. Interior in excellent condition if you don't mind that curl in the passenger airbag panel.

Actually this auction is a "Buy it now." So there are no bids on it, just one watcher.

Don't worry about the prices of gated cars. Good ones will always be in demand.

23. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wow, you're right. I went temporarily mental for some reason.

24. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I agree. Three pedal cars will always have that "mystique" about them. And while the prices may "settle" some, the really nice ones, I believe, will stay slightly ahead of the F1 prices -- car for car. They may fall in price but I don't see a day that you can buy a 6 speed gated car for the price of an F1-- same condition, same mileage, same year.

25. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Just FYI, I did stop by Motorcars of GA yesterday, the car was still there, but Blake did say that there is a California guy that is most likely going to take it.