Marchione interested in Formula E | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Marchione interested in Formula E

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Jul 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I'll be dead by then, thank ****

2. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    lol

3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I think the majority of the Tifosi have no interest to see that.

4. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Google "electric supercars" and tell me that stuff doesn't have appeal. I don't think you need to be a hippy nowadays to be fascinated by electric cars. And that's just the beginning of an aera.

5. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    #55 4rePhill, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Exactly. I don't think we have to fear the extinction of the supercars when electric power will become the norm.
    Already, most sports cars manufacturers are investing in hybrid technology as a step towards full electric. Maserati, Jaguar, Audi, Porsche, etc... will have hybrid models on their catalogue as early as next year.
    By the time the ban on ICE will come into effect a decade later, they will have developed a full range of electric cars. By then, battery technology will have improved in terms of range and weight, most countries will have created a network of charging points and our worries will have been answered.

7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ahh, the smell of ozone when you park up, static clinging your shirt to your butt and making your hair stand on end, and of course, range anxiety if you dare put your foot down, Christ, i like to drive everywhere as fast as I can, I get 8 to the gallon in the Bentley, in an electric car, I'll get 15 miles in range. I'll need a **** off long extension cord permanently plugged in just to go to the shops!

8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Marchionne hints at Formula E entry, but not with Ferrari

Sergio Marchionne has said it is unlikely that Ferrari will follow Formula 1 rival Mercedes into Formula E in the near future, but is open to entering one of the other Fiat brands like Alfa Romeo or Maserati.

Asked about a possible FE entry, Marchionne said: "I talked with Toto, but I do not think Ferrari enters directly.

"However, we are thinking of doing so as FCA. And if we will enter, with one of the brands from the group, we do not know which one it will be right now."

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/ferrari-formulae-entry-unlikely-936926/

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Next news, Ferrari will enter with an electric SUV...

10. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Τhank God! On the other hand i would like to see Maserati there.

11. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    Gosh those are ugly

12. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
  13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Definitely no from me. As it is, the current hybrids lawn mowers are such a pain to watch..

14. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    They should really take this opportunity to create their own design aesthetic for electric race cars rather than have anemic F1 cars with fenders. This series needs a unique visual appeal given the complete lack of noise. The low budget F1 look that it currently has is completely uninspiring.

The E-lectron concept by Frederic Le Sciellour would be a great base to build a design from.

With all these manufacturers joining it should be exciting, but the cars look terrible and the Spark 2018 design is no better.

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Nah, let's save up some petrol and keep proper engines alive, I can't see the attraction of a noiseless, smell-less, sanitised exercise in politically correct racing. Once petrol is over, I think racing is done for me

16. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    +1

17. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    +1

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Not bad at all IMO.

I was just wondering when blue became the "official" Maserati livery. I think it's with the MC12, probably to differentiate them from the Ferraris in the track. A red MC12 would have looked too much like a Enzo perhaps.

Never mind, Maserati would be welcome in FE, or any other series for that matter.

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I cannot see why some forms of ICE couldn't survive after most of the road cars have become autonomous electric vehicles.

After all, the motor car replaced horse-drawn carriages on the roads, but didn't kill horse racing, did it?

20. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Bring back naturally aspirated V10 loud engines to F1 and take all the hybrid/electric stuff to Formula E.

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    What is the chance of that ever happening ?