I thought There was a Unwritten Rule | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I thought There was a Unwritten Rule

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Texas Forever, Nov 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Lotaz, I am certain that IF you had a good, safe visit to New Orleans, then you would fall for its history, good time vibes, fantastic music, great food, etc. The people who aren't trying to kill you will be the nicest you've ever met, but, I'm sorry to say you have valid points about the crime. It's not just drug deals in the "bad neighborhoods" anymore; it's out of control.

2. ahirsh

ahirsh Karting

Oct 14, 2015
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Case in point. This on on Decatur. If you're not familiar, it is a major street from Canal along the river and bordering the French Quarter. It is major tourist area. The vantage point in the video is what you'd see standing on the sidewalk right in front of Cafe Du Monde, looking at Jackson Square. It's total anarchy in New Orleans right now. The ATVs in the city have been a problem, but until now it's been in neighborhoods. Now, because they've been allowed to continue this behavior, it's moved to the downtown business and tourist areas of the city. This **** has got to stop.
    Residents fear injury, death from ATVs in French Quarter | wwltv.com

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I was thinking about attending a conference in November, no more.

4. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You would have to be crazy to come here. It isn't safe.

5. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    What are LA and NOLA CCW laws like?
    Just curious...

6. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You need a permit for concealed carry.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Dang I didn't think it was that dangerous. I've only been once for a friend's wedding the weekend before Thanksgiving in 2015. We all went to the Gold Mine Saloon in the French Quarter after the wedding (the flaming Dr. Peppers were great). We left around 2AM and walked back to our hotel about a 1/2 mile away (The Saint Hotel). Me, my buddy, and our two lady friends...no issues on the way back and my buddy was completely out of it drunk. Thankfully nobody hassled us.

8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Once upon a time even the dirt bags understood you didn't rip the tourists, at least not in the quarter. But that's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Guess I'm canceling my research trip there that I was planning for Halloween. sigh

10. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    For what it is worth, the same thing is now occurring in regards to tourist safety on the national mall in Washington, DC. A sign of the times.

11. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

This is sick. This is where the revolution is going to come from. People who get sick and tired of the scum and decide to take back our own country.

Sorry for the P&R comment. But I have been going to NO since Christ was a teenager. At some point this has got to stop.

12. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Agreed, but here are still many of the great oldies about.

As to the quarter, its a dump and always was. Never go there.

13. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    "Luizza's by the track" (sadly not the track you are driving at). Very good etouffee, unique and yummy take on shrimp po boy. Worth a visit.

14. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    interesting feedback from the locals here re the crime rate...I've recently re-fallen for NOLA and have been 2x in the past 10 months (after not going for 10 years or so). The food is so good imho, the music amazing. I love the whole place ("now" I should add...I used stay away). This thread aside, I'm planning to return again in coming months for more food and music.

15. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Stay away from the east side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk