Definitive Baby/Toddler/Child Rear Seat Thread for Ferrari California | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Definitive Baby/Toddler/Child Rear Seat Thread for Ferrari California

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by moldynotepad, Aug 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    this is hilarious

2. jdwcd

jdwcd Rookie

Jun 29, 2017
    BRITAX DUO PLUS FOR THE UK.

Just picked one up and it fits with isofix.

3. Mn-0127

Mn-0127 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2013
    Been this for my 3 year old twins since they turned 1. Pricey but well made and worth it. They have been in FF and cali and finally cali T
    Diono Radian RXT Convertible + Booster Car Seat - Red

Using this for my 6 year old who's over 40 lbs
    Mifold Grab‑n‑Go Booster

Hope that helps. Tesla forum has lots of info regarding car seats. Ive never owned a Tessa LOL

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
  5. THonda

THonda Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    TH
    #30 THonda, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    I had the Diono R100 and it didn't fit, it is now in the 612...

7. THonda

THonda Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    TH
    #32 THonda, Aug 4, 2017
    combi coccoro fits, but still not well. It's super narrow and super light so easy to work with. However, no matter how tight you make the belts the seat will slide forward and becomes loose as only the very front edge is touching the seat (this is with or without the seat cushion). I removed the bottom try on the combi and it holds slightly better, however I don't think it's 100% safe.

The clek fllo does the same (slides forward)and the seat is much heavier and larger. This seat will not work with the California.

I am going to try the clek foonf next, the seat is even heavier but comes with Rigid lower anchors. I think that will stop the seat from sliding forward.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. THonda

THonda Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    TH
    #33 THonda, Aug 5, 2017
  9. scriber17

scriber17 Karting

Oct 30, 2008
    Manhattan, NYC
    Full Name:
    Tang
    #34 scriber17, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    Is that the foonf? Why does the one i see on Amazon look different from your pic. Btw, affordable kid.

Edit.
    Nm figured out that was the combi, will look for your report on what ends up fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. DropNGimme20s

DropNGimme20s Karting

Mar 24, 2017
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I hope you meant adorable :)

11. ljj33

ljj33 Rookie

Aug 28, 2013
    I also use a combi cocorro as I've found that's the only one that fits well. I tried a diono but it didn't sit well and the top would touch as it operated. I took the rear cushion out and used a small ratchet tie down instead of the isofix. This definitely keeps the seat from moving. You can also put foam under the seat when tightening to get some compression so that you get a tighter fit.

12. niklasfin

niklasfin Rookie

Jul 12, 2021
    Hey all

Any 2021 update on this?

I am looking for rear / backward facing baby seat to my 6 week-old son to go in the California T where the front passenger seat still would be useable

13. Carbon Bits

Carbon Bits Karting

Oct 26, 2021
    Ohio, USA
    Someone just started a new thread asking for photos of baby seats in the rear of a Cali/Porto. I figured it best to add some information here and then link to that other thread:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/index.php?threads/Pictures-of-Baby-Car-Seats-in-California-Portofino%3F.607599/

I can’t help with infant seats, except to say that they’re big so good luck (which I recognize is of no help!).

But in a few short years, you’ll be looking for a solution for young children, which several people were in this thread. I found a solution that like quite a lot. Although it looks like a race harness, it’s certified as a seat belt positioner. There appear to be a number of advantages over a booster seat. First, it’s smaller and allows their butts to be down and back into the actual car seat. Rider height is a major issue in these rear seats, and we’ve likely all seen photos of passengers in the back sticking up like you’re carrying a giraffe. Second, if you were to travel, you throw this in a bag and don’t have to carry or rent a car seat. And third, and perhaps most importantly, my little guy can’t wait to put on his race harness and drive around with daddy.

Some photos below, including one of the harness next to a traditional booster seat/positioner. This is the rear seat of my BMW 3 series (Porto on order). Hope it helps!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. shomihaque

shomihaque Rookie

Feb 12, 2023
    Full Name:
    Mohammad Haque
  15. Andynyc

Andynyc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2017
    NYC!
    It was the Diono radion . As others mentioned it was not a perfect fit, and you have to be careful operating the roof when it is installed. But I was able to get it secured enough that I felt my kids were very safe in it.