Sad From OZ tonight | FerrariChat

Sad From OZ tonight

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by I16, Aug 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
  2. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    at least they got 23 of 26 out,must have been a hard water landing,,

R.I.P. to those lost

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Kind of a stretch calling an Osprey a helicopter.

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Very sad indeed - God Bless them - My gut wrenches whenever I hear harm coming to our armed forces

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    ARLINGTON, Va. — The Marine Corps MV-22B that went down off eastern Australia last week struck an U.S. Navy amphibious platform dock ship (LPD) before it crashed into the ocean, according to the Naval Safety Center.
    The MV-22B crashed around 4:30 pm. Aug. 5 during routine training while operating from the amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard. According to the Naval Safety Center’s website, the MV-22B “struck an LPD, crashed into the ocean off the starboard quarter.”
    The LPD has been identified as USS Green Bay, based at Naval Station Sasebo, Japan, and a unit of the Bonhomme Richard Amphibious Ready Group.
    Of the 26 personnel onboard the Osprey, 23 were rescued by small boats and helicopters. Three personnel, two from the aircraft’s crew, have been declared dead.
    The Osprey was assigned to Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 265 (VMM-265), a unit of the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit. VMM-265, based on Okinawa, Japan, recently had been assigned, replacing VMM-262, the other Osprey unit stationed on Okinawa.
    The RAN ship HMAS Melville has located the wreckage of the aircraft using its hydrographic systems An RAN clearance diving team has been deployed onboard Melville to conduct recovery operations using a remote operating vehicle.
    The mishap remains under investigation.