1972 BMW 2002tii Roundie Inka Orange | FerrariChat

1972 BMW 2002tii Roundie Inka Orange

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by full_garage, Aug 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #1 full_garage, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hate to part with this sweet roundie, but as I have a Pebble Beach quality 1967 2000cs just about to come out of restoration- It's time to move on.

For those of you looking for a "great Driver" tii- this is for you. It's a real tii in overall nice shape. No visible rust, decent fairly straight bodywork, very acceptable Inka Orange paint. It has the 2.0 litre four cylinder and kugelfisher mechanical fuel injection. The very limited history I have with the car indicates a rebuilt gearbox and fuel injection and a bunch of other work.

The car looks pretty good underneath as well- I see no visible rust and everything is solid. The engine compartment shows the correct tag with correct "276" prefix. Looks like the front end from another 2002 was swapped when this car was restored, as a snorkel (Carbed cars only) is present. The interior is all there and in decent shape, save for the one crack on the dash just to the right of the gauge cluster.

This car was originally Colorado Orange, resprayed to Inka. It has a great fitting pair of Recaro Sport seats in it now, but I DO HAVE the originals and totally restorable. It has a K+N Cold Air filter on it now but I DO HAVE the original airbox in great condition.

The car looks great and basically stops traffic everywhere I take it. It has a set of E30 coke bottle cap wheels on it now that look pretty good. i DO HAVE the four original 14" steelies- three unmounted and one being used as the spare.

The car is a STORMING driver. Fires right up, pulls hard and revs like crazy. Just FUN. Steering is tight, brakes great, motor feels sweet and willing. The odometer shows 90K- have no idea how close to accurate this is.

The worst part of the car is the brightwork- all of the anodized aluminum is quite dull, but it's all there. Here are some older photos- the car looks much nicer now- have color sanded and buffed it, repaired the front airdam and rear wing and installed new taillights. Will update interested parties with brand new photos.

Just finished doing a full tuneup- new points and plugs, set the timing, disassembled and rebuilt the intake with new o rings. The car rungs so great!

This is a good honest solid car that is a really fun driver. With restored cars now going well into the $50's and above, and with slightly rusty drivers still getting close to $20K- I think this car is worth $25K with both sets of seats, both sets of wheels and the original airbox- and am in no hurry so not interested in terribly lowball offers.

As always in person inspections welcomed- Having a cookout at my place Thursday night the 17th so if you're int he area and interested- come on out and have a beer and a burger on the Metrowest Ferrari club! (Address via PM)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Love it!
    wish bmw still made cars like this

3. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Awesome car! Love the brake failure light!

4. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Very cool car, always wanted one.

You must be really west of Boston to have palm trees in your driveway : )

5. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Those are photos from when I picked the car up in California- Taking new images this week before I list it on BAT or ebay.

6. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Had a 2002- tough as nails- overbuilt! GLWS!