Worst 400 for sale ever? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Worst 400 for sale ever?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by MonoSpecchio, Aug 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    It is a pretty big resto, but nowhere near as big as that car. My car is straight and painted, and mostly just needs re-assembly. Unfortunately some of it's parts were sold and parted out before the car was rescued by someone else to be restored. I was missing the front stabiliser bar links, am short of a radiator fan, and a few other minor parts.

For the 3 parts I enquired about from them, they came back to me wanting $195 usd each. I can make one of the metal covers myself for bugger all, and I'm not gonna risk spending that kind of money on fire damaged parts that may be beyond salvation, when I reckon GT carparts will have similar good parts for the same money or less

2. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    It is a pretty big resto, but nowhere near as big as that car. My car is straight and painted, and mostly just needs re-assembly. Unfortunately some of it's parts were sold and parted out before the car was rescued by someone else to be restored. I was missing the front stabiliser bar links, am short of a radiator fan, and a few other minor parts.

For the 3 parts I enquired about from them, they came back to me wanting $195 usd each. I can make one of the metal covers myself for bugger all, and I'm not gonna risk spending that kind of money on fire damaged parts that may be beyond salvation, when I reckon GT carparts will have similar good parts for the same money or less

3. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    :D :D

4. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    This car value is 9500 must mean the latest value of my car is 2.6m dollars
    Any offers???

5. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Restoration - circa 200K ?

6. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Now that's funny

7. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Ouch!!! :D :p :D :p
    You rang? ;) . . . . . . . . . . :p

<wakes up in cold sweat>

8. erwin123

erwin123 Karting

Jan 20, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Erwin
    Uday Hussein had indeed a Ferrari 400 in his possession which apparently still is in Iraq. There are currently three known 400s in Iraq. See this article - it does contain an English translation below the Dutch text:

https://www.cinecars.nl/en/baha-bagdad-en-de-400/

9. steve_400i

steve_400i Rookie

Aug 15, 2017
    There may an actual Ferrari V12 available there if this quote is accurate:

10. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
  11. steve_400i

steve_400i Rookie

Aug 15, 2017
    #36 steve_400i, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #37 OttoB, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    For the many years that BAT has been around, it made its mark by featuring cars for sale all over the world. Your understanding of BAT, as of the last 1.5-2+ years, is that they only feature cars that they sell... However, ask around - BAT is about showcasing cars that enthusiasts may be interested in, and then decided to compete against eBay by featuring its own cars and make some money while they were at it.

So, my post is accurate - its BEING LISTED IN BAT for the peanut gallery at the website to comment on it, something that harks back to the origins of BAT. But, don't take my word for it, just spend a few dozen hours or ? re-acquanting yourself to it like most others frequenters. So, if there's a link to the listing of the car at the website, then? it is indeed being discussed/featured in BAT, my friend, even if its not being listed for sale by the actual website. When you go tomorrow to BAT, you will have learned that BAT is not exclusive to only selling its own cars, despite the trend being that way more assertively as of the past year and counting. Nowadays, its like every 4-6th car is not affiliated with it vs. 3-4 years ago when 100% of all cars listed where being sold by any number of entities :)

13. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    The sellers actually have done a far better & more detailed listing w/pictures than majority of people actually selling complete running cars. On a lift !! for crying-out loud....as if couldn't see right thru to the undercarriage from above!!

14. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    True but not really much to try to hide with this one.