Attending Singapore GP | FerrariChat

Attending Singapore GP

Discussion in 'F1' started by shawdut, Aug 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    Hey all,

Is anyone here attending this year's event next month?

Any suggestions on which hotel to stay for the best view of the race? Or is it best to just get tickets for the race?

Thanks,
    Shawn

2. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

You are best to get tickets for the race..

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #3 TheMayor, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    I stayed at the Pan Pacific. Excellent hotel and not a far walk to my seats at the track.

The only problem with Singapore is that its always hot and humid, even at night. And, it's difficult to see much from the stands, which is typical for city races.

But the event is fun and seeing the cars under the lights pretty spectacular.

My suggestion is get tickets as you can't see much of anything from a hotel. I had a view of the track which I watched in practice and all you could see is a blur.

One other suggestion: Catch the other races which happen during the day. The Porsche Cup event was a hoot! Crash-a-rama.

4. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    Thanks guys - appreciate the feedback!

5. Kauai

Kauai Rookie

Apr 24, 2015
    Estero, FL
    The JW Marriot has a new hotel, that is very nice.

6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #6 Ferrari 308 GTB, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNis0WfALkQ

Swiss hotel Stamford (5*)is right next to the track by the main entrance,above City Hall MRT,IF you can get a room there great,most of he F1 teams stay there too.You might even be able to get a track view.

I lived in Sg for a few years,and went to the race several times.A general admin ticket is pretty basic with some low level viewing platforms around the track,so you can walk around to different points /grab a bite or beer,watch on the big screen, etc.The grandstand tickets are ok but you also have a very limited view with that,with catering behind the stands.

It is of course quite hot and humid most years.even after dark

Staying at the Stamford you can just easily walk back to your hotel after the post practice/race concerts,there are also other hotels in the vicinity depending on your budget of course.

I am just a 1 hour flight away,but will be watching on the box this year, playing couch potato.(Well maybe i have actually become one already.)

7. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D

Thanks for all the feedback. We were able to get rooms at the Swiss hotel Stamford and will be there for 4 nights. We also purchased tickets for the 3 days up front.

Will report back upon our return!

8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Sounds good!

You also have Chijmes right across the street from the Hotel,where there is a pretty good choice of places to eat/ drink from Japan to Brazil .

Restaurants - CHIJMES

9. Ky Fan

Ky Fan Karting

Mar 13, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Going this year with a couple of friends. Any advice on where to sit?