458 Engine Tuning in TX? | FerrariChat

458 Engine Tuning in TX?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by dc3843, Aug 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dc3843

dc3843 Karting

Dec 13, 2014
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    David Conrad
    Got my 458 a couple weeks ago, would like to add a little power and make the motor more efficient with a tune. If that's even possible with these cars? I come from the Z06 world, so tuning is all over it. I did a search but just see where people are adding features or changing monitoring for cat elims and such. Is tuning the car worth it and is there anyone in Texas that does it?

2. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    In my experience tuning naturally aspirated engines will result in minimal improvements

Not to mention the complications if/when something were to happen.

Can you, sure, but why?

I'm sure your Italia is already faster than your vette ever was, right?

Just an opinion from someone who has tuned several cars and has left several cars alone.

Which ever way you go be sure to post up !

3. dc3843

dc3843 Karting

Dec 13, 2014
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    David Conrad
    Depends on the usage. ON a track? Yes the Italia is faster. In a straight line, not a chance. The vette was heavily modded, E85, pulley, heads, cam, exhause, headers, you name it. Made 740whp and 799 wheel torque. Not wanting my 458 to be that fast, but would like a little more top end power. My buddy has a stock 2006 ford GT and the 458 and it are dead even till about 140 and that GT takes it.

4. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Try contacting Dallas Performance? I believe they built a TT 458 once, so I assume just tuning one would be a breeze for them.

5. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Trade it in on a Huracan :)

6. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name: