Does a Single Guy With a Ferrari Ever Get Married? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Does a Single Guy With a Ferrari Ever Get Married?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by RossoCorsa716, Aug 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Justin Bieber is that you? :D

2. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I bought my first Ferrari a month before I proposed. We got married and I moved on to Porsches because the first Ferrari left us on the side of the road one time too many. 20 years later my wife noticed I was starting to read Fchat and Ferrari car reviews again and told me to go buy another Ferrari. I'm now on my 6th Ferrari.

There probably are women that see a man's interest in cars as competition, either as misdirected fascination or unwanted allocation of financial assets in other directions, but it is by no means universal.

3. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Had my first Ferrari as single with 24y, now I've owned 16 Ferraris and on my 3 Marriage... maybe to keep the marriage is the real Issue :D

4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I've had ferraris, and other marquees, for years now, and since I met the Mrs she has simply accepted that I'm a car nut, and every few months, a new one will turn up. I've calmed a lot over the years, from always having around six, five of which would be supercars, down to one super car, and dailies for each of us (but a CLA45AMG and a Range Sport Supercharged!, some dailies huh). Long as I buy her what she wants, she lets me buy what I do..... perfect!

5. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    Hahahaha that is funny

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    Hahaha thumbs up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I have quit some friends who own a F and are still on their own ... (not lhbt :D) .... and seem to be happy living this way ... solitary ...

8. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Now I think I got the purpose of this thread.

I have to buy a birkin for her whenever I get a new toy.

9. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    #59 SCEye, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Hoagers

Hoagers Karting

Dec 4, 2016
    Don Johnson was had 4 wives in 5 marriages as per Wikipedia not exactly a stellar record

11. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    If your wife interferes with your Ferrari buying, you've got the wrong wife.

12. spiders

spiders Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2012
    Yes... and if you have to say, "my wife let me get a Ferrari", then you should check with her to see if it's ok with her if you get a set of balls. :)

13. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    This ^^

It sure does seem that those who bought their Ferrari's first never married. That just seems strange to me.

14. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

I think he was referring to his TV character.

15. RossoCorsa716

RossoCorsa716 Karting

May 15, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    ^^^😂😂😂

A Ferrari is an engagement ring you buy for your Ego. We gotta give the married guys a break here. They're simply asking their wives for permission to have an affair with themselves 😊

16. MonsterCro

MonsterCro Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Bought my first Ferrari at 19 and single. Got married at 27 andcstill married to this day. 4 F cars in the garage and a Mac but its my wife now thats turned into a car nut and shopping for super cars. She is currently doing a spec a 488 Spider.

As far as being married or single well don't really care about the cars, my family gives me more joy than any car will ever give. Prefer the married life. Cant remember the last time a Ferrari made me a nice home cooked meal and greeted me with a hug after getting home from a days work

17. ThePrince

ThePrince Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Canada
    For me it's no wife happy life

18. f12tm

f12tm Karting

Nov 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Single since 92, two Ferrari's currently with one on the way... got engaged this past Saturday!
    she "get's" the cars... we'll see....

19. carcommander

carcommander Formula 3

Sep 28, 2006
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The "gets" the cars if you divorce her.

20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Generally, if married, the wife will be amenable to super car purchases so long as it does not adversely impact on your financial position. Meaning she will still get whatever she deems important.

I took the position, once I left home and no longer had to answer to my parents, I was never again going to be put in a position where I required permission to buy anything I wanted.

21. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    There are no absolutes in life. We all have heard of people who are irresponsible with finances. Folks in debt to their eyeballs who make impulse buy. The wife who stops the husband from taking another step into financial disaster may not be "the wrong wife".

22. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    I responded to a "TV character" with another "TV character".