Con la Maserati nel Cuore - With Maserati in my Heart by Ermanno Cozza. | FerrariChat

Con la Maserati nel Cuore - With Maserati in my Heart by Ermanno Cozza.

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by mamamia, Aug 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    #1 mamamia, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi All,

I thought you'd like to know about this interesting new book by Sig. Ermanno Cozza that will be available shortly. It is reasonably priced at around 30 EURO.

Should be a fantastic read !!!

Author: Ermanno Cozza

Size: 14x22 cms - Pages: 500 - Photos: hundreds in b/w and colour - Hardbound with dust jacket - Text in Italian

“Over 66 years have passed since I walked through the gates of Officine Alfieri Maserati (the Alfieri Maserati Workshops). It was in 1951, and in all that time I can truly say that Maserati took hold of my heart. The factory, the men and the cars have indelibly marked moments in my life. Today, many people consider me to be the living memory of Maserati and, in that way, take me back to those earlier days. In this book, I have tried to convey the excitement of living the Maserati legend so that, step by step, I cover the most important moments of my long and extraordinary experience: the excitement of participation, the joy and pain, the cars and the defeats, the ambitions and the professional difficulties. While I have always enjoyed good health, over the years I have been infected with the Maserati ‘virus’ of which I believe I have been a carrier all this time – and it is a virus of which I never want to be cured”. - Ermanno Cozza

In this book of over 500 pages Ermanno Cozza, the true historic memory of Maserati, passionately tells a story packed with behind the scenes truths – right up to today – that have never before been published. He covers half a century of the company’s life, which he lived in close contact with the great motor racing champions, ingenious technicians, designers and, naturally, company life as well, of course, as the unforgettable cars. A carefully chosen collection of photographs and other illustrations complete this invaluable book.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Thanks for posting. Just an FYI the cover shot was taken At Le Belle Macchine d'Italia Pocono in 2009.

3. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    Hi---
    Anybody working on an English translation?
    Would love to get one.

Thoughts?
    (No idiotic remarks from the resident .... please!)

Regards.

4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Actually I was thinking the same thing. A translation of this book would be a great project for Fabio to undertake since he is in regular contact with Sig Cozza. Plus Fabio could add a chapter of how it is like to work alongside Sig Cozza ... that would be a nice tribute to a great man.

And, of course, they would sell A LOT more books if translated.

Ivan

5. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    That would be amazing.
    Great minds think alike!

Thanks.

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Good morning from Brussels.

Since it is published by Nada I would assume they will do an English version but not certain, they don't translate every book. Then you need a quality translation: not like google which is useless and someone who can do it properly there are many subtleties usually lost. Some of you may have the worst translation on your shelves: the two volume Maser book by Orsini and Zagari that came out in the early 80's with the photo slides on the dust jackets: the translator must have been depressive: it is unreadable. My publisher and I would love to take Cozza's book on but we are already too busy with other non Maserati books.

Best regards,

Marc

7. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Please mske it happen. Ask Maserati for funds. It could be the ideal "bible" to put into EVERY new Maserati sould out the dealerships! A super marketing tool for Maserati.

8. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    Bet bet is to email Giorgio Nada Editore asking for an English translation.

9. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    I have just been in touch with Giorgio Nada Editore and have been told that publication is expected Mid-November.

As far as an English translation is concerned, if enough interest is shown, it is hoped that an English edition will appear in 2018.

10. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik

Supeerb!

11. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson

12. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    This book is available NOW direct from Giorgio Nada Editore.

13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thank you for the mention Henry, judging from the two interviews I did of him and all the conversations through the years this should be a gold mine. I really hope that after this Italian text only version an English language one will be published because he is not called the voice of Maserati for nothing. In fact he should be called the living memory of Maserati.

Best regards,

Marc