The new Portofino | FerrariChat

The new Portofino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Lee White, Aug 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lee White

Lee White Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Full Name:
    Lee White
    What are your thoughts on this new Ferrari model? I like it, but it isn't really that much of a departure from the Cali T it replaces.

2. KnezPedja23

KnezPedja23 Karting

Jul 14, 2011
    Bosnia
    Full Name:
    Pedja
    #2 KnezPedja23, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    goldlifter likes this.
  4. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Still retains styling elements of the California from the side and rear. Front grill resembles the FF, while the headlights are similar to the lusso

5. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
  6. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'll reserve judgement until I see better pics if it from the rear. The available views look nice.
    T

7. Savman

Savman Rookie

Aug 23, 2017
    Copenhagen
    Full Name:
    savvas manousos
  8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    #9 Caeruleus11, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    I think it looks fantastic! I see styling elements from the FXXK and the SP275RW. You might accuse one or two of the lower lines on the side profile of going off into no where but look closer and they are subtly connected. Overall, I think they took the entry GT where it should go. Its tighter and more focused looking. I think its a job well done!! And likely we are going to like it even more as we see it in other colors. I also love the name.

Well done Ferrari!!

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Massive improvement over California IMO.

Hope they changed the roof mechanism...

goldlifter likes this.
  10. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    It looks good with the roof up (and possibly better than the 812) but it looks awkward with the roof down in these pics. Need to see some real non photoshop pictures to be sure.

I proper fixed head version would be my choice preferably with a V12 engine. Before anyone comments I know the chances of either of these happening are slim.

11. kevinof

kevinof Rookie

Jul 26, 2015
    Love it. Just what I wanted - a little more "aggressive" in the looks department, better interior. It still has some cal dna but liking the looks. Think it looks great roof up, ok roof down and love the front.

- Have they done away with the led lights (rpm) on the steering wheel or are they just not showing it. Hard to tell , but It would be a shame if that option is gone.

- Like the upgraded nav/audio.
    - Like the second display for the passenger.
    - Love the name

12. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Beautiful in person, photos as always are not representing the car as it is, never liked photos in Computer graphics. Anyway, welcome Portofino, now I can't wait to see the 488 GTO in Geneva. There will be the new game changer for Ferrari.
    The front lamps are bizzarre in photo, need to see on real environment as the GTC4, since old caliT lamps were beatiful from the first sight, anyway, sides and rear are surely beautiful from the first sight.

13. PiterSV

PiterSV Karting

Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Piotr
    It looks great:
    Engine: V8T – 90°, 3855 cm3, 600HP, 760 Nm
    Top Speed: >320 km/h
    0-100 km/h: 3,5s
    Length: 4586 mm (California T: 4570 mm)
    Width: 1938 mm (California T: 1910 mm)
    Height: 1318 mm (California T: 1322 mm)
    Weight distribution (front / rear): 46%-54%

14. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    No info on weight yet???? Probably not much reduced from Cali T, 0-100 is quite unchanged

15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think it looks great top up or down!

I liked the Cali and the Cali T more, but I think the Portofino takes the V8 GT to a new level in terms of styling and I have no doubt the mechanical package will be exceptional: lighter, more power, etc. The thing I am most excited about is the E-diff + F1 track and all their other electronic tricks that allows all those horsepower to make actual forward progress rather than just spinning tires- while that's fun for brief periods, its even more fun to go forward.

16. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I'm pretty surprised at no quad rear lights.

17. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I like it a lot. In fact i wish some of the styling cues had made their way onto the 812, such as the vents on the outside of the headlamps.

It looks clean an stylish, more masculine than the Cali to my eyes.

18. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    It seems like the guys at the Ferrari Styling Centre like to play with Photoshop. I see a bit of FF (front grille), a bit of GTC4 Lusso (headlights), a bit of J50 (side line), a bit of 812 Superfast (rear in between the taillights), a bit of the Maserati Granturismo 2017 (front lower sides, below the FF grille) and a bit of Aston Martin V12 Vantage Zagato (rear protruding lights). They seem to propose again and again always the same elements, just a bit tweaked. Not to mention the single tail lights... what's up with the double tail lights? No coherence at all... I wouldn't say it's an ugly car but I'd rather call it Frankenstein instead of Portofino.

19. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    Time to change the thread name to California / Portofino...

Interesting car... Besides the engine which is amazing, in the looks (and probably driving dynamics too) department it lacks true Ferrari DNA...

It looks like an FF / Lusso , shorter and cabrio... Not very nice, but it has a presence...

It seems than the FR layout Ferrari has chosen for the California / Portofino, makes the car look like American muscle car...

P.S. Portofino in my opinion is a silly name !! "Hey I bought a new Ferrari Portofino !!" LOL it sounds like some Italian dish (yes I know it is a city in Italy) ... What's next, Ferrari Proscuitto, Ferrari Parmezana !!! Hahahaha

20. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    As an Italian, it's a bit silly to joke like this,
    By the way, It's prosciutto and parmigiana XD

21. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK