New Huracan 580-2 | FerrariChat

New Huracan 580-2

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by abstamaria, Aug 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #1 abstamaria, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Never having owned a Lamborghini, I thought I would order a Huracan 580-2. (Being an older person and a traditionalist, I wanted the rear-wheel-drive model and a plain Monoceros white.)

The car was completed in May and arrived at my dealer just two weeks ago. I like it, of course, especially the fact that it is very different from the Italia, which I've had for almost three years now.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

wbaeumer and of2worlds like this.
  2. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    love it. how about some interior shots

3. Very nice. Great car, congratulations!

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think this looks better than the LP-610. Less wedged with the redesigned front end. Beautiful. Please post your driving impressions when you can.

5. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Congrats! Car looks fantastic.

6. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    580-2 is the model to get, very cool car, i would like mine in pale(baby) blue non metallic. Espresso interior😀😀

of2worlds likes this.
  7. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    How is it? I've never seen 580-2 here, really. Everyone is crazy about 610.

8. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #8 abstamaria, Aug 24, 2017
    Many thanks, Jon, Nik, Nils, all. I’m glad you like the car. The general preference here is AWD, but the lightness and handling of the RWD Gallardo Balboni always appealed to me. I wasn't able to get a Balboni though and so was pleased when Lamborghini introduced the 580-2. They say the 580-2 was engineered as a RWD at the outset, and isn’t not a conversion as the Balboni, so that’s a good thing, if true.

As I mentioned, I have a 458. The ordering process with the Ferrari in some ways was more interesting than with the Lamborghini, as Ferrari, at least here, offered more options, such as seats in the size you choose. Ferrari will write that they took and have posted photos of “your” car during production, which is quite a treat and which Lamborghini doesn't do. It took Ferrari six months from order to complete the car; Lamborghini took five months.

It is very interesting to see the Italia and the Huracan side by side. They are so different in approach. I was apprehensive that the view out would be turret-like, but I didn’t experience that; so far, I have enjoyed the driving experience. The view to the rear is almost nil, so a rear cameras (not as good as on our Honda’s) is necessary.

It’s been raining hard here, so when the weather clears I hope to have a clearer impression of how it drives.

DARIES likes this.
  9. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #9 abstamaria, Aug 25, 2017
    Here you go, WSaraceni. The Huracan’s cockpit is dark, and its dash extends far into the base of the windscreen. It is high theater inside, and one needs to flip up a red cover to access the start button, aircraft-style. While I prefer the display of the Italia (except for the analog tachometer, which is hard to see), I found the Huracan’s controls more intuitive.

I ordered grey leather to lighten up the cockpit, but Lamborghini’s lightest grey is still quite dark.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulations! Very beautifully specced Huracan 580-2! Love it!

11. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Thanks, Adrian. I'm happy you like it.

12. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #12 abstamaria, Sep 2, 2017
    Both Ferrari and Lamborghini will give you a model of the car you ordered. The difference is that Ferrari's model comes about six months after you take delivery of the car, while Lamborghini's is delivered with the car. Also, the Lamborghini model is in the larger 1:18 scale. Ferrari's model is an accurate copy of the ordered car, down to the stripes on the seats in my case. I am assuming the Lamborghini is accurate, too, although it is difficult to tell as the interior of my Huracan is plain black and grey. It sure looks like my car though.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #13 abstamaria, Sep 6, 2017
    I ordered the Huracan with the optional 20" wheels, the model called "Giano." The lighter, simpler Mimas wheels were a slightly more expensive alternative, and I wanted those initially. Over the weeks since I took delivery of the car, I began to like the more complex Gianos more; they are very "Lamborghini."

I also opted for the steel brake rotors. They have an interesting pattern around the circumference, incidentally.

Toothzilla and of2worlds like this.
  14. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #14 abstamaria, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login If you order a new Lamborghini, the factory will deliver, along with the car you ordered, a scale model that looks exactly like your car. You will also get a call from the factory at Sant'Agata, and an Italian lady, who you will imagine looks like Claudia Cardinale, will be on the line, asking you if your new Lamborghini meets your expectations. Ferrari will do the same.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Giano

Those Giano wheels sort of remind me of the style of wheel Lamborghini used back in 1976. That wheel at the time was quite unique looking Image Unavailable, Please Login ...

16. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004

Wow. Looks amazing.

17. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    Yes of course! The ephemeral Silhouette introduced in 1976 was the first production Lamborghini to feature 5 hole tele-dial wheels, two years before they appeared on the Countach S1, and originally designed by Bertone for Bravo in 1974. Since then wheels with five holes have been a feature of nearly every model of Lamborghini, and it is good to see they are still around 40 years later!

Jota 5084 and of2worlds like this.
  18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Thank you for sharing those details about the wheels. I remember seeing a very early Lamborghini Silhouette at a Toronto Canada car show. The Lamborghini displayed was orange as I recall.

19. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Great car what an awesome pair of Italians!

20. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    It was rosso siviglia, vin 40036. You can relive the experience here...

of2worlds likes this.
  21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    That is amazing; thank you very much for sharing those Lamborghini models here!

In the mid 1970's Canada was in a unique position as the government vehicle standards allowed euro spec Lamborghini and Ferrari models to be registered for street use. The Countach came to Canada about 1976 along with the Ferrari Boxer a year earlier. The USA market was stuck with modified cars with horrid looking bumpers and modified engine equipment. Ugly changes from the pure euro spec that the US government required before the vehicle could be registered for street use.

22. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #22 abstamaria, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Yes, indeed. The Huracan, although it is a very new design, has strong visual links to the past. An old friend, an enthusiast since we were in high school, liked the wheels and the colour. It reminded him of Lamborghinis past.

23. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    It has been storming here in the islands, so I have had little opportunity to drive the Huracan. I am getting more used to it though and, for some reason, find it easier to drive than the Italia. I took the Huracan to the local club's cars & coffee this morning, filling up for the first time.

Strangely, one can open the engine bay lid only when the engine is running. I wonder why Lamborghini programmed the car that way.

Boomhauer likes this.
  24. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    And no black wheels !!!! Thank you!

abstamaria and Boomhauer like this.
  25. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Lamborghini has been sending magazines to me in the mail. I hope this continues beyond one year. The latest issue has an article on the modernist architect Le Corrbusier. The furniture in the garage is by Le Corbusier and I do have the Lamborghini there, so i smiled as I read the magazine. View attachment 2498415

Boomhauer likes this.