Testarossa vs. 512TR Door Opening Dimension | FerrariChat

Testarossa vs. 512TR Door Opening Dimension

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by kerrywittig, Aug 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Could any owners of 512's or persons in the know do me a favor? I need a measurement of the perimeter of the body opening for the door on a 512TR where the door seal lives. In other words I need the length of the seal (if laid out) that surrounds the body opening.

A Testarossa needs 12 feet or 3.66 meters of material per door.

Is the opening of the 512 the same or larger/smaller?

It seems that there are a few 512 owners out there in need of new entry door seals that have been inquiring more and more often of me and I want to make sure I supply the apprpriate length of material. A couple of owners have taken samples of the material I provide Testarossa owners and have found it is a great subtitute for the OEM 512 seals. I know that several Testarossa's have been judged at Concours events and have not had an issue/point deduction. For Testarossa models the seals are no longer available or if NOS is located the cost is in excess of $1000 USD, where my new seals are $225 for two doors and includes shipping with in the US.

Again any help getting these dimesions would be very much appreciated.

Inquiring Me

2. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    I got a rope and laid it around the door frame to mimick the curvature and nuances - and it came out to 147 inches.

3. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Thx tvu.... I supply 12' 6" of material per door so there is an opportunity to have plenty to correct any miscalculation...

Extra Me