0233 EU - 212 Inter Cabriolet Ghia - COMING SOON | Page 9 | FerrariChat

0233 EU - 212 Inter Cabriolet Ghia - COMING SOON

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Marcel Massini, Nov 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Yes. Thank you.

Same thing with :

- 0183/EL and 0257/EU

- 0227/EL and 0255/EU.

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #202 Marcel Massini, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bisonte likes this.
  3. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    As far as I know, factory certifies a car as it was documented when it last left the factory.

One more time: factory archive is a technical arhive, not a historical one. The purpose of those documents to provide information when a car turned up for repairs or service. Therefore when a car was modified, the old papers were destroyed. Keeping them would only confuse!

So in many cases factory does not know anything about the history, they only know what kind of papers remain in the archive today - and that's how the cars get certified.

That is the reason the Ghia Cabriolet from Geneva Salon is certified as 0233/EU, not something else. As far as I know factory is not taking a stand at whether this is the "correct", or "original" number, it is the number this car is certified with.

4. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    That makes me think again to 0168/ED.

Nobody at the factory will never admit that 0168/ED was not born with Vignale coupe body for the reasons you showed (it last left factory as Vignale coupe).

And look at the last Cavallino (in the article about 0102/E) where it is written :

“The following year, Palmieri went on to become the Italian Hillclimb Champion in his new Ferrari, a 225 Vignale Sport Spyder (s/n 0154/ED)."

The same errors reproduced again and again and nobody cares…

5. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi all,

Looks like this car will be up for auction next week in Florida. I would have an excuse to fly over there and see it, but since we spent over three weeks there around xmas holidays I don't think I have the time nor the energy to make it happen. BUT some of you who are interested in this unique car now have a chance to go and see it live. :)

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/ferrari/212/1952/510917

6. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    Fennicus, readplays and Aardy like this.
  7. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Great pictures. Thanks for posting.