Capristo Exhaust Brackets. | FerrariChat

Capristo Exhaust Brackets.

Discussion in '360/430' started by lilleprins, Feb 28, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lilleprins

lilleprins Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2010
    Torslanda , Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders T.
    #1 lilleprins, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Great pictures Anders. I 100% agree. If something need to be changed in the first place, it is definitely the exhaust brackets with the Capristo solution. They will save your stock headers! As written before, the stock exhaust brackets are well to rigid and the entire exhaust line can't move nor expand. Eventualy, the headers will fail.

3. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    #3 ELP_JC, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
    Great pics Anders; the ones I saw before were too close, and I thought the brackets attached on the sides, not on the rear. They should fit.

My question to the forum is if they fit 430 spiders? Looks like it, but want to make sure.

Finally, any contact info, part numbers, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I asked the Capristo distributor who sponsors this forum how much for the brackets, and he said he had never heard of them (WTH?). Sent an email to Capristo directly, but no reply in over a week. Not impressed with their service so far. Specifics would help a lot for sure. And yes, I agree it's a lot better to buy the brackets and take the worry of cracked headers off your mind, especially when closest dealer is 400 miles away. Plus I understand you can burn a valve if not detected quickly. Thanks folks.

4. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Speak to Andrea of Taurino Racing. He got me the exhaust mounts, exactly the same as the pictures above. Can't tell if they worked better than the stocks coz I've never had issues with cracked headers but better to be safe than sorry. Looks great as well.

5. Nick

Nick Formula Junior
    Sponsor Professional Ferrari Technician

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Scianna
    We can get you the brackets, no problem.. Give me a call or shoot me off an e mail. I leave for Italy in the morning, but I can get some out to you while I am away if you contact me. I have been selling Capristo for over 10 years.

6. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Love the seat cover upgrades you do for the 30 Daytonas Nick. Will be speaking to you soon for a set.

7. Nick

Nick Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Scianna
    #7 Nick, Feb 28, 2011
    Cool, I will look after you on the seats, with respect to the 430 brackets, they are different than the 360. I will see if I can find a pic of the 430's here is a pic of the 360 Capristo brackets.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Nick

Nick Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Scianna
    #8 Nick, Feb 28, 2011
  9. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    JC, the picture above posted by Nick is a quite an old picture. Also, the brackets are mounted on it in the wrong way. I asked Antonio Capristo to remove this picture and replace it by the right one. Their website is now uptodate (capristo.de) showing the right mounts. I'm very surprised that you haven't got any reply from them as they are always very reactive at the Germany HQ. Will find out...

10. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    So the Capristo brackets for 360s fit all 360 exhausts, even stock and Tubi?

Nick, how much are the brackets alone?

11. gustel

gustel Rookie

May 8, 2010
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Gustel
    Maybe your email is in the spam filter ?

I have this brackets on my 430 spider. Perfect.

Gustel

12. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    #12 ELP_JC, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
    Thanks. Will contact him.

Yeah, that was the picture I found initially, and thought maybe the spider was different due to extra bracing or something. But the first picture shows the correct positioning, and I verified the spider has the bolts in the right location. Thanks a lot man.

Thanks for the reassurance. And no, I always check my spam messages before deleting them.

13. gustel

gustel Rookie

May 8, 2010
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Gustel

I think maybe in Capristo's spam.!

Gustel

14. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    #14 ELP_JC, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
    THAT is possible :).

Hey, do these brackets also eliminate the cat ones? I thought only the rear one, but was told by a trusted member the cat ones as well. Just want to make sure, as those springs don't look too beefy to me to support all the exhaust weight, but I could be wrong.

Still waiting for a quote. Plus assurance they work with ANY muffler, as I might replace the stock muffler. I'll leave everything else stock (cats and headers) for sure, as I'm not looking for any power gains. Thanks gang.

15. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Yes, they do JC. They replace all existing brackets, those holding the cats screwed on the gearbox and the one in the center which looks like an arc.

Keep on eye on your stock headers though. If they start failing, I would consider to change them for the Capristo headers which will last the lifetime of your car.

16. Nick

Nick Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Scianna
    #16 Nick, Mar 3, 2011
    Capristo brackets are avail to fit OEM exhaust systems or Capristo version systems and must be specified upon ordering as they are different. Selling price in the USA is $325.00 inc shipping. I am currently in Italy so please allow a few days for me to respond if you try to contact me via e mail, or you can call my Italian cell# 366 3089525 remember to add country code of 39 add 011 in front of the 39 if you were calling from the USA

17. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    Does anyone have a picture of the Capristo mountings fitted to the OEM exhaust? I'd be interested in buying one.

18. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    Thanks for the clarification Nick. Now my question is what other mufflers are compatible with the OEM version? Or are they going to just fit the OEM exhaust? By the way, doesn't look like the muffler has to be removed for installation; just remove 2 out of the 3 bolts on the OEM muffler to pipe connections and the 2 sub-frame bolts (bracket is mounted from the bottom) and that's it, right? And obviously remove all 3 stock brackets.

Need to make a decision what to do. Car is too loud now, so have to do something. And sounds ugly, at least at low rpm. Haven't seen a single video clip of any aftermarket exhaust driven normally, which is the way the car has to be driven in the city. Good day gang.

19. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Thanks. So I would think that any other aftermarket exhaust that mounts like an OEM, e.g. Tubi, would also fit the Capriso brackets for the OEM exhaust, right?

20. Nick

Nick Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Scianna
    I actually talked to Antonio Capristo via telephone and discussed the mounting brackets with him, he said to me in Italian, “2 versions, ones for his mufflers and one for OEM” He could not speak for anyone else’s systems, he told me to tell my clients to specify if it was to be purchased as a replacement upgrade or as a replacement for the existing Ferrari muffler, with that said, we could not guarantee that it would work on another mufflers. On the 430 for instance with the Capristo muffler the OEM mounting bracket that comes off the gearbox is removed when the Capristo is installed, so there are differences. It would be best to contact me directly for your particular car. I can drop ship to European clients directly from the factory if required and of as everyone knows, there is every Capristo muffler & component stocked in the USA for immediate delivery unlike many other manufactures where you have to wait for mufflers or parts, hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of inventory stocked in the USA for individual clients & workshops.

ELP JC, Purchase a level 2 Capristo and you should be happy in my opinion, if you want to call me directly, I will put you in the correct system that suites you.. My bet is on the level 2, I am that confident , that if you do not like it you can return it with in 24hrs for a credit against a different Capristo model or an actual refund, less shipping charges.

The muffler will not have to be completely removed to install the new brackets

21. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Best deal ever!

22. naughtynori

naughtynori Rookie

Sep 13, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Nori
    #22 naughtynori, Sep 2, 2017
    Does anyone have information on installing these capristo brackets? Digging into my 430 Spider the other day, I observed that the original owner never removed the factory exhaust mounts when they installed the Capristo aftermarket muffler. The aftermarket Capristo muffler came with capristo mounts.
    Everywhere that I read, it says to remove the factory brackets because of the dreaded manifolds cracking. But after I removed the factory bracket, there is a difference in spacing on each side of the exhaust tips. I tried loosening the bolts but still can't get each side to match.
    Am I missing something? Is there anything else that I need to remove?

23. naughtynori

naughtynori Rookie

Sep 13, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Nori
    Sorry.... not sure why my photos came out that way

24. ph12

ph12 Karting

Jun 28, 2015
    Los Angeles
    the spring compression is held by bolts and nuts on top and bottom. If you are turning it to adjust spacing on exhaust you have to stabilize both top and bottom and turn in opposite direction from each other to either compress the spring or loosen the spring to adjust spacing. if you are just turning one and not the other it doesn't do anything and mount just spinning freely

25. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    I installed a set on my 06 430 and my mechanic said it was the way to go since I intended
    to keep the exhaust system stock for the immediate future.
    In my opinion it is worth the money for the peace of mind.
    I would recommend this as the way to go.