Ferrari's in Africa | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferrari's in Africa

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Ferrari 360 CS, Sep 23, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lyle

Lyle Rookie

Sep 27, 2013
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Lyle Julius
  2. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
  3. RossoNero

RossoNero Karting

Sep 7, 2012
    JHB, South Africa
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Nice shots Jacques! Sorry I couldn't make it...

4. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Saw the Daytona there - looking fabulous.

Yes the weather wasn't too great but the cars were stunning. The standard really is getting better and better at the SEFAC show each year, and of course with prices rising lots more cars are being professionally restored which adds tremendously to the quality on show.

Lots more Dinos and 308 GT4s this year and nice to see older cars coming out of the woodwork.

5. Ferrari 360 CS

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    #107 Ferrari 360 CS, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Ferrari 360 CS

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
  7. Ferrari 360 CS

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
  8. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Jacques, Whats name of place where pool picture was taken ? Look like villa in STELLENBOSCH where I stood .

9. Ferrari 360 CS

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Its actually a private house. I think you were at Delaire Graff outside Stellenbosch, very similar views.

10. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Today was the annual Kyalami Track Day - normally held in July, but moved to September this year to kick-start the celebrations this month.

We are celebrating 70th years of Ferrari and 50 years of SEFAC - the South African Ferrari Owners Club. There is a 10 day tour leaving Johannesburg on Wednesday and we hosted 6 overseas cars at the track today. there are 11 overseas cars here for the tour.

Saw a few Oz cars today, some from the Middle East and a few from the States. Took some pictures of the overseas cars ... if any of the owners is on F-Chat let us know and please enjoy our country on the tour for the next few weeks.

Attached Files:

11. Ferrari 360 CS

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    All the following pictures are from the SEFAC 50th celebrations. We were fortunate, as Dave mentions to host a few overseas visitors and all of them I spoke with seemed to really enjoy the tour though South Africa. I couldn't make the entire tour but I did join in for a few of the days in Cape Town and surrounds.

12. Ferrari 360 CS

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
  13. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    I know the thread is titled Ferrari's in Africa but here are some pics from Thompsonfalls Lodge in Rumuruti Kenya taken last September. I work in East Africa and travel extensively along the Eastern Continent down to SA for work and attempt to visit any car meeting or event I can find. I planned to visit the 2020 Concours in Kenya sponsored by the Alfa Romeo Owners Club but it was cancelled due to Covid. Hopefully 2021!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. greginportlandor

Jul 3, 2020
    Thanks for bumping up this thread, I would have never found it otherwise and enjoyed looking at all the pictures. I went to South Africa in 2009 and had a great time driving a rental car outside of Cape Town. Those pictures brought back good memories. Those must be incredible roads to drive a Ferrari on. I remember the roads as very well maintained with very little traffic. The pictures show the amazing scenery.

I hope things will go well for South Africa in the future and I would like to go back there sometime. That’s scary to read about a kidnapping with a million dollar ransom. Hopefully South Africa can overcome its problems and achieve its full potential.

JasonMiller and Jasonberkeley like this.