vanquish owners? | Page 34 | FerrariChat

vanquish owners?

Discussion in 'British' started by ross, Jan 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F11

F11 Karting

Aug 2, 2005
  2. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    I'll give it to you straight
    If it's not a European classic sports car or a gt40 or cobra with small exceptions like a modern ford gt
    The auction/ car market is dying
    The numbers are way off or coming down to real enthusiasts
    No human under 40 as a whole cares about the automobile
    The new numbers just came out
    75 percent of all eligible 16 to 18 year olds never applied for a permit let alone a liscence
    Stating it was to much work!
    No money for a car!
    Don't want the stress of taking care of it!
    Almost everyone on my block has a tesla, less than ten years your going to look like a fool in a gasoline auto
    IMO
    Driving my vanquish v12
    Last of the cowboys
    Gtjoey

3. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Always here to cheer us up Joey! lol.

The VQ on the market are indeed way off and have been sitting for a long time. Some are not really for sale and more like a fishing hook.
    The 02 was a result of a threesome bidding war in the last 10mn. It got overheated. I can tell you the seller did great on the sale given all the sale circumstances. The number was quite unexpected.

4. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Yeah but when your kill switch got stuck....it was GTJOEY to the rescue!
    xoxoxoxo
    GTJOEY1314

5. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

Never sat in a Vanquish, but have driven a few Astons.

We also did the VdE/Como a few times, this year with my 14YO son in our 1972 V12 E-type roadster starting from Helsinki. It's an unrestored car, original everything except respray in OEW (original colour) and now has ca. 96.000km on the dial. We only did a bit over 3000 km as after Sweden and Denmark and hitting 206km/h on the GPS in Germany we took a train from Hamburg to Lörrach. But we did drive quite a few passes as we visited Luzern on Saturday driving the small roads from Cernobbio over the St. Gotthardt pass and Oberalppass and Lukmanierpass and Malojapass and Flexenpass...

The only glitch was that the LH side cooling fan gave up on our way back (took it apart only to find that the brushes are gone, after 45 years) so I had to be extra careful if there was heavy traffic or slow speeds, but you learn to live with these things if you do any real road trips. :)

Maybe I'll post a couple of pics in another more appropriate thread. I'v never owned an Aston although I have been very close a few times of making it happen. I like manual V12's. ;)

Cheers,

Pekka T. (1S20183 = JAG-72)
    Fin.

Ps. Regarding the market, you may be right, but I don't think anyone will look silly in a Countach, E-type or an Aston Martin, even if it does have a combustion engine. :D

6. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Interesting stats considering Ferrari, Aston, Lamborghini, and Porsche have never produced more cars than today. Let's see Tesla make it without the govt. subsidies...

7. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    Agree, Vanquish market is the tightest I've ever seen it in the USA and prices seem to be on the rise, both listed and auction results, if you've been on the fence, better get one while you can!

8. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
  9. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    I like it:)

10. ArmenVanquishS

ArmenVanquishS Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2014
    Paris, France
  11. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    #836 Countachqv, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    that is nice but the jag number 1?? , the 911 number 5?? expensive rating there.
    the GT40 number 15? cheap rating given here
    and where are the most beautiful cars like the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

the stradale was in there @ ~25.

oh yes, the audi s5 was on the list too...so go figure!

13. ferraripete

vanquish data point.

2003 vanquish serviced w/ coils replaced and 11k miles. sold for $66k.

I made the run to warwick Porsche in ri but missed the car by less than an hour.

I was disappointed as I was ready to buy and the car was virtually faultless cosmetically.

14. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I have owned my 2003 for a couple of months now. I am loving it. It has been in the family for 10 years. First thing to do is disconnect the solenoid for the exhaust. Incredible sound through all rpm range.

15. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Easy to do, drop the back pan, theres a vacuum line up the middle with a "t".
    Plug the rubber line from the t to each trap unit, real simple and then always open. The sound is great.
    GTJOEY1314

16. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    25? So a 911 legacy is more beautiful huh?
    If i were truely rich, and i would be limited to one car the alfa is what i would get. I have see that car close up and i have never been the same since. Unattainable goal unfortunatly.
    So as consolation and in despair we got a vanquish :)

17. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    My bad. Already did it. Meant to tell others that they should do it. Cost of the mod is less than $1 for some vacuum plugs for a DIY.

18. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Yep and that perfect rolling v12 sounds remains during the entire throttle .
    Drive on....
    GTJOEY1314

19. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    You still thinking about getting one? You've been looking for awhile; You waiting for the train to the leave the station on prices (which l am sure will happen)?

20. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    lol!. I would rather think that he is smart waiting for the political train wreck to crush the W.S. station in the coming year!

21. spepmiller

spepmiller Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Steven Pepmiller
    Hi All,

So I had not driven my Vanquish S for a couple of months (very hot in Atlanta in July and August)... or maybe 1 or 2 very short trips. Now I think I may have an electrical starting issue (most likely just the battery run down). The car is acting a bit weird with the electronics and ignition and has given me a "Incorrect Part Fitted" with some clicking as it fails to fire the starter.

So it looks like a drained battery to me. Thoughts? And what do I do now (am not very good with cars in general much less a Vanquish S)? Do I have it towed to the local AM dealer (Motor Cars of Georgia)? Do I go buy a trickle charger? Jump start it? Let me know your thoughts and assume I am newbie (true, but that is why I have always just let the dealer handle the maintenance).

22. Pranucci

Pranucci Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    Carpinteria, CA
    I wouldn't jump it. If the battery is too dead to charge up in a few days, then have a new one fitted. Go from there.
    Use a Battery Tender when parked. I'm not sure if the Vanquish has a disconnect switch.
    Ask the dealer about using it.

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That is absolutely wrong. The Alfa 8C 2900 should be at #1 and not #6. Rest don't matter. I've seen one in person (Simeone Museum in Philly)...an E-type isn't even in the same sentence.

24. Speedraser

Speedraser Rookie

Jul 27, 2012
    Long Island
    Vanquish S starting issue: The first thing I think you should do is put a battery charger on the car and make sure the battery is fully charged. Then try to start it. Also, you should look at the AMOC Vanquish forum – there is a lot of information about the Vanquish there, including a lot of information about battery issues.

25. ferraripete

I came close to buying the one in warwick. I was excited about that one and the timing was right. I am struggling though. I have other cars I think might be a good fit as well and that is causing analysis paralysis.

I will have an aston before thanksgiving...could be a vanquish or a vantage v8 gt 6 sp.