Question Re: Watch Repair | FerrariChat

Question Re: Watch Repair

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by jimshadow, Sep 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    #1 jimshadow, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A good friend with a storied racing career passed away earlier this year. He was 83, a lifetime member of the SCCA since 1963 and lived a great life. I was fortunate enough to visit him twice and we talked about life and his upcoming death and what it all meant. What an experience.
    Anyway, I've come to obtain a few things that were his, most notably a 1946 Hamilton US Air Force timepiece (See photo), and a replica Rolex Daytona. I would not normally be interested in a replica watch, however, this Daytona was a special watch for him....He had many watches (103 wrist and 104 pocket watches to be exact), and the replica Daytona got as much or more attention as his real one. He continually got a kick out of the fact that people frequently commented on it and thought it as the real deal. He felt the joke was on the world and he laughed out loud about it, which is very reflective of his fun-loving/cantankerous personality.

The reason for the post is that I'm looking for someone to service this watch. The crown is stripped and the watch generally needs a good cleaning. I have no idea what kind of movement it has, but I'm sure it needs to be serviced.

Does anyone have any idea where I might get this thing serviced? Neither of the places in town that I would take it to will touch it as they have been or are Rolex Dealers. Thanks!

Jim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dfratini

dfratini Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 31, 2003
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Fratini
    I can highly recommend Nesbit's Fine Watch Service 206 623 1211. The just did the service on my 1965 Rolex GMT and it looks / run fantastic. They have also don service on my Omegas and Heuers.