V 12 Lamborghini starter | FerrariChat

V 12 Lamborghini starter

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Chadbourn Bolles, Sep 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chadbourn Bolles

Chadbourn Bolles Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    #1 Chadbourn Bolles, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Finally, after over several years of trying and trying, I finally have a small starter.
    I built it for the V12 engines found in the Countach and earlier cars. Not sure, but I think it will also work in the Diablo. Cost me $370.00, to get a smaller, lighter, easier to remove and less costly than a Lamborghini part. It is worth it, you don't have to take all the exhaust off of the Countach to change it if necessary.

Chadbourn Bolles
    803 532 6257
    803 798 3044 cell
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. You have been at that one for awhile. I just rebuilt mine. Ugh. That is a job to remove. Have you actually tried it on a car & what price are you going to ask? A gear reduction starter is possibly the single best improvement I have ever done to a vintage car.

3. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Agree, gear drive starters,we use them on big American cubes, the original Countach starter must originate from a Fiat cargo van, i love this set up, respect original design,but this would be concidered improvement in line with Raymonds ign box.

4. I think the starter is originated from a Mercedes unit.

5. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Yes, whatever it takes to start that V-12 better.

6. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    BTW, how many of you owners install a setup involving a relay to get more power to the starter?

Maybe Chad's starter eliminates that setup?

7. Chadbourn Bolles

Chadbourn Bolles Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    You have been at that one for awhile. I just rebuilt mine. Ugh. That is a job to remove. Have you actually tried it on a car & what price are you going to ask? A gear reduction starter is possibly the single best improvement I have ever done to a vintage car.

Had it on a 350 GT engine, just to make sure it would do the job.
    I will sell them for $380.00 plus postage.
    Right now I am working on a few glitches with the adapter. It works just fine, But not quite to my satisfaction.

If you know anyone with a Diablo, I would like to contact them about trying it on that car.
    Maybe even a Murcie.
    Chadbourn Bolles
    803 532 6257
    803 798 3044 cell
    [email protected]