Ride Height Adjustment 2005 612 Scaglietti | FerrariChat

Ride Height Adjustment 2005 612 Scaglietti

Discussion in '612/599' started by 456 AMORTIZED, Sep 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 456 AMORTIZED

456 AMORTIZED Rookie

Feb 10, 2015
    So Bay
    Full Name:
    Al O.
    #1 456 AMORTIZED, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have a 2005 612 in Titanio Grigio I picked up 18 months ago. The front end rides very low necessitating the use of factory skid plates (on my second set). At FCA Palos Verdes event, I
    had a gentleman with a 612 mention that he believed the ride height had been altered . Last month at Concorso Italiano, it became pretty evident that the car is lowered in front as all others were about an inch to inch and a half higher. Anyone have any idea how complicated it might be to return to normal ride height?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Al- Very easy to do, just takes a bit of time and money. The factory suspension can be raised or lowered using ring nuts on the shock bodies. After that you need a full four wheel alignment because camber and toe will both be affected. Any dealer or competent wheel/alignment shop can do it as long as they have the factory shims necessary to adjust the camber. You may notice an improvement in ride after bringing her back up to factory spec ride height. Yours looks like she may by lowered enough to be out of the shocks' optimum operating range. Normally, Ferraris should be lowered no more than 15-20 mm on the OEM springs or the ride really suffers. It is easier to do with a spring compression tool to take the load off the ring nuts, but dealers and good wheel/alignment shops will have one available.

m5shiv likes this.
  3. 456 AMORTIZED

456 AMORTIZED Rookie

Feb 10, 2015
    So Bay
    Full Name:
    Al O.
    Taz - Thank you very much for the excellent information. Looking forward to now accomplishing the work intelligently.