Sold - Great lease on 2016 BMW 320xi | FerrariChat

Sold Great lease on 2016 BMW 320xi

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by JoeZaff, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #1 JoeZaff, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The short of it: My StepFather has asked me to see if anyone is interested in taking over the lease on his 2016 BMW 320Xi. Lease expires on 7/19/19 and there are 27,500 miles remaining. He paid off the lease in full and is simply looking for a flat $9,000 for the remaining lease term. Free maintenance is included and I believe he also has a lease protection plan that covers the first $5K in potential damage. I will have the car fully detailed prior to delivery.

Long version: My Stepfather earned a modest living and recognizing his advancing age, decided to finally get his dream car...a new BMW. As he wanted a "new" car, I counseled him to lease rather than purchase, given the lease programs and BMW's depreciation curve. He took my advice, but insisted on paying off the entire lease upfront. Sadly, six months ago he had a stroke and can no longer drive. Accordingly, he has asked me to see if someone would be willing to take over his lease. I will try to put it on Swap-a-lease, but I thought I would try here first.

I am somewhat familiar with the car. It is a 2016 BMW 320xi. It is well equipped including navigation and Satellite radio. At some point early on it was sideswiped in a parking lot and repaired at a local well respected facility that works largely on exotic and luxury cars. To my eyes the repair looks flawless. Other than that, the car is low mileage and presents accordingly.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Sorry to read about his inability to drive but kudos to him for accomplishing his dream at least. Best of luck with sale!

3. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This is an insane deal! Someone better scoop this up. I just leased an Accord, I would have rather done this shoot!

4. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    So, about $400 a month?

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Contact the dealer where he got the car, tell them the story. I'd bet they find someone to take this over.

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

yeppers.

Works out to $390 a month.

sounds like a pretty good deal, and Joe Zaff is a VERY straight shooter. If he says the car is ok, that means it's nearly perfect.

D

7. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry to hear about your Step Father's illness.

Just curious, what is going to be the residual value in July 2019? That may factor into someone's decision if they want to keep the car afterwards.

8. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thank you everyone for your interest and the kind words. I've taken a deposit on my step Dad's car. I will relist the car for him should the buyer change his mind.

Thanks again :)

9. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    love the color combo glws

10. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So unfortunately the buyer, a friend of mine, backed out for personal reasons. The car is again available. I am reducing the price to $8800.00

11. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Price reduction!!!

$8500 including damage protection plan and detail!

12. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    How does the sales tax transfer from one state to another in a lease transfer? If he's paid the lease up front, he's paid the sales tax as well, so do you have an idea of how the sales tax would work (credit/tax due) if one lives in a state where the tax on a lease is calculated differently? Can you contact BMW FS and find out?

13. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks for your interest! I placed a call to my dealer and will post as soon as I hear back

14. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ok. From what BMW advised, Pennsylvania will not credit back the sales tax if the car goes out of state. However, some states may credit the sales tax paid to Pennsylvania against any sales tax amount owed.

Therefore, if this car ultimately goes to someone out of state and that state will not credit the buyer for the Pennsylvania sales tax already paid, I will credit back the Pennsylvania sales tax (6%) to the buyer

15. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks for your interest guys. I put the car up on Swap-a-lease. Moderators, kindly pull this listing.

16. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I am lowering the price to $7500.00! That equates to just under $340.90 a month!!!!!

My Step-Father asked that I relist this car, with his medical expenses, he and my Mom could really use the money. I have the car listed on Swap-A-Lease for 8800. I will probably lower it this week. Before I do, I thought I would take one more swing at F-Chat.

Included in that price is full maintenance for the balance of the lease, as well as a lease protection plan that covers the first $5K in damages. In addition to that previously mentioned, the car has heated seats, keyless entry, Navigation, Satellite Radio and a backup camera

My Mom and him are in the process of moving to a ranch home, because he can't climb stairs anymore. I finally got my own hands on the car last week. The car is actually a metallic black, not a solid black as I had thought. Upon my inspection I noticed a nice scuff on the front bumper cover and a small crack in the headlight.. My Step-Father doesn't know how it happened. I can only assume that someone tried moving it out of the way during the move and hit a box or something. In any event, though the minor damage is clearly below his lease protection deductible, I sent the car to my detailer to be detailed and have the bumper cover reshot and the headlight replaced, at my expense.

17. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I just spoke to BMW the other day for an interested buyer. In addition to the new car warranty, the car also has an extended CPO warranty after the new car warranty expires! Although my step-father was the first owner, prior to his ownership the dealership had used it briefly so they added the CPO warranty. This is the kind of information, normally one would expect the seller to know, but as this is my Step-Father's car and his stroke has created some challenges, I've had to piece a lot of information together.

Also, just to clarify my previous post, at the reduced $7500.00 price I cannot include a Pennsylvania tax credit to out-of -state buyers. Thanks!

18. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Sold! Moderator please close this thread.

Thanks!