Portofino Launch and picture thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Portofino Launch and picture thread

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Traveller, Sep 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Thanks for the views; you have had a busy summer! Did you get any more pictures of your tdF yet?

2. titanium430isback

titanium430isback Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    I will be there as well

3. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Ask me agin on Tuesday!

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Looks like its going to be one amazing presentation.

Thanks for sharing, wow that TDF Blue Lusso looks insane. Arghhh.. change mine back to TDF Blue (like CaliTHS) or stick with GS - my wife calls these "Joe problems". Cheers

5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    So It's midnight here in Portofino and once again Ferrari is running through the program. Got video...won't post. Sorry guys! ;)

It's really cool so far!

6. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Being of Sicilian descent, I thought omerta was limited to Italians on the other side of the Strait of Messina?

T

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Car looked and sounded great

The new Portofino Red color looked very good - wonder how much extra it costs?

Attached Files:

Griffon83 likes this.
  8. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas

Attached Files:

9. pitonisheee

pitonisheee Karting

Jan 3, 2017
    Ukraine
    Full Name:
    Hetmanski
  10. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I will be there tonight and then off to Modena on Sat.

11. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
  12. pitonisheee

pitonisheee Karting

Jan 3, 2017
    Ukraine
    Full Name:
    Hetmanski
  13. nickg612

nickg612 Rookie

Aug 20, 2006
    Can anybody who attended give us a sense of space in the back seat?
    - ideally relative to back of a 911 cab as a reference

Space in the back of the Cali was a deal breaker for me
    With two boys 12 and 10 - if I could fit them in the back I would trade in a 458 spider....

Thanks!

14. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Apologies for not posting my report as promised but hurricane Irma regretfully savaged my life and so I have been somewhat distracted.

I will post a report shortly

nickg612 likes this.
  15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Stay safe Tim, the sun will shine again eventually!

16. Jurassik

Jurassik Karting

Apr 15, 2004
    Dnipro, Ukraine
    Full Name:
    Samoylik Yuriy

Attached Files:

17. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #45 Traveller, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Well the sun is shining again but on a sea of carnage.

Anyway, my take of the new California, sorry Portofino.

All new aluminium chassis and with this and other details they have taken an impressive 80 kg out of the car. Whilst they have taken it out, I didn't notice a dry or wet weight so don't know, but assume this car is actually 80kg less than the Cali. If so, that's a great start. Everything else I think we know.

On colours, I am not a red man, but the new Red Portofino really is a beautiful colour and suits the new car perfectly although I am sure they will charge plenty for the pleasure. What doesn't suit it was what they said was GT, but looked more like Ferro to me, and this car will suit lighter colours, which pop, best, not dark. Even white, and as a U.K. resident I am not a fan, looked terrific and a matte Argento car, amazing. This will be distressing to DC and indeed me, as I would have imagined a grey to have looked good. It doesn't.

Roof up, a really great looking car, clearly the Portofino, roof down a face lifted Cali with a much better arse.

Three of the cars were on the standard wheels which looked simply terrible, the option wheels great, and this starts to get to my main theme about what Ferrari are doing here. Let's face it, like the 812 over the F12 but more so here, this will be a far better drivers car than the Cali with 30% stiffer springing but at no cost to comfort, and extra power etc etc it's going to drive wonderfully I am sure, they are too good at this to doubt it. Amazingly, like other new models, the price increase should be minimal, and they have only achieved this by really giving one a bare bones car, a blank canvas to paint on, now more so than ever. Externally, some of cars had CF sills etc and some black plastic, and once you have seen all the CF bits, the base car looks cheap, very, especially if on standard wheels.

Briefly on the extra rear space as asked, its negligeable. I tried sitting in the back with someone up front, and it is tight, but then apparently there is an extra 5cms courtesy of a new seat design.

Inside, the base car fit is filled with lashings of the faux aluminium and I was not impressed until I then found the matte silver car, hidden away, which had full CF outside and just a carbon wheel and cup holder inside with a two tone cuoio interior. All of a sudden you had a truly great car, inside and out. If this theme sounds familiar when I reported on the Lusso and 812, forgive me, but something has to give to maintain their pricing and this is how I believe it is done. You buy a canvas and then you need to buy the paints.

Upshot, I would not really want a completely non optioned car in grey with standard wheels, it just feels and looks a bit cheap and thin, a complaint I have levied before but not on the F12 nor tdf. However, add £40k of options and you have a truly wonderful looking car, an interior which is a lovely place to be, especially with the roof up, and, as they claim, probably with best in class everything. Well specced, subject to driving it, I doubt we will be disappointed, it has to be a winner, it's just going to cost me more than I hoped.

Maggio23, furmano, cardinas and 3 others like this.
  18. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
  19. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Thus the 2 back seats are suitable for kids or someone who's not taller than 1.70.

Oh well, if I ever have the money to buy one, I would opt for the optional real parcel shelf and make it a 2-seater cabriolet. :p

20. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Can someone tell me how you make these pics post better like the old F chat?

21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tim just put them below for you with a bigger size. Thank you for these exclusive pictures and the Portofino looks beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maggio23 likes this.
  22. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Here are the first ones I've missed…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tim these are the first set you posted which I've missed...

[​IMG]