FerrariChat.com update - Questions | Page 10 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com update - Questions

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Aug 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Well done with the new design, I would however like the colors to be a bit darker.

No Doubt and rob lay like this.
  2. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

Two nags for me:

1. Option to display posts in threads in either ascending order or descending order (Same as Steve Magnussen's earlier comment)

2. Option to display PM's either in conversation mode or the traditional way as "Inbox" and "Sent" (I personally detest Conversation mode)

Just a general comment, it seems to take more mouse clicks to accomplish what you want to do with the new software than the old.

3. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    Where can I set back the PM's to the "traditional way"?

Where can I furthermore find the overview of my attachments and have the media types been updated with the new design e.g. "xls" to "xlsx" ect?

Thanks

4. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Well, the "New Ferrari Chat" is pretty much unreadable. The fonts are too small and the quotes in light blue are barely visible. Using the Old Style, "Old Ferrari Chat" setting is better, but the "New Posts" list at the right of the screen wastes screen space because as you scroll down the threads the actual messages are displayed over about 60% of the screen width. :(

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Rob & Team :

I like it. Thank you for the hard work and (apparently) smooth transition. I know how tough and stressful these I.T. migrations are, and looks like you nailed it so far.

rob lay likes this.
  6. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Love the new look, great work fellows...

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the forum the post is in has been moved to the left side of the screen and its cumbersome finding - on the old fchat the forum the post was in had its own column so was easy to screen new posts by sub forum

8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yah well... not a fan. Sorry Rob. A step backwards.

Harder to navigate, takes farther to scroll down, TMI, pictures are smaller, the right side of the screen is wasted in stuff we don't need, some buttons (like pages) too small, the swear filter is way over sensitive, more difficult to post multiple pictures and harder to find other people's posts quickly.

And the ads are...

Even in classic mode when it's blue its more readable but still way over complicated looking.

Just being honest.

rob lay and Gershwin like this.
  9. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    as I already have written in an other thread:

the new design looks better than before the old one.

but when I click now on a thread there appears then always the first post, even I read all posts and refresh. only when I click in the top of thread the page number then I can see the last page.

would be good if you could modify this also?

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What's the standard for avatars now? They all look so crummy

11. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    I used on have one annoying banner ad per page at the top Now I have four spread out? Is that a mistake? Can they be turned off?

12. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Yeah I figured that out pretty quickly. What about multiquote?

13. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

14. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

15. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    In mobile view, new style, the following does not display:

- signature
    - Full name

rob lay likes this.
  16. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I'm sure you guys will help sort this out. I'll be in China probably offline the next 2 weeks.

I already can't really figure out the photo size (smaller) and how to see them all automatically rather than clicking individually. I can't figure out how to unbold all the threads I have already seen.

On the iPad, the full width only takes up 2/3 the screen unless you zoom in.

I can't figure out how to zoom and crop an upload avatar on my iPad... it just crops it for me from the center without giving me a choice to move it or zoom.

It's not clear which threads each sponsor is "sponsoring." It looks like a whole block when that is not the case...

Thanks for any help.

Robb

17. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Agreed 100%

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Sorry if this was already discussed:

If you want the old style of Fchat:

1. Go to http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/account/preferences
    2. The first option on the top in middle says Style. Drop down box and select "Ferrarichat - Old"
    3. Click save changes.

It's similar to the old style, but nicer in my opinion. Buttons are larger and there's less empty space. It's better than the default new one. I like the upgrade. Thanks, Rob!

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sadly agreed

Much harder to do anything

20. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    Totally agree.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yeah that's the first thing I did but it's still hard to navigate and find the threads and posts. It is like everything is backwards and clumsy

22. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    When viewing watched threads, a list of all threads is displayed, but only those threads with unread posts. Would like to see all threads listed and then bold those with unread posts.

Also, when viewing watched threads, there is not an option to go directly to the last post in the thread. One can go to the last page, but not directly to the last post. This option is available in the normal viewing of all forums.

Steve

eric likes this.
  23. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I have never seen so much white in all my life....and I lived in Wisconsin! Man, those light gray quotes and just worthless.

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I have the Day 1 poll up now, place for you to put all your nonconstructive non bug related posts. :D

25. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Hello everyone,

A mate of mine has some troubles logging in after the update and has asked me to write on this topic in order to get some help. He enters his credentials and as a reply he gets the following message: ''The requested user 'NürScud' could not be found.'' Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

NürScud likes this.