Is wearing clothing that screams "Ferrari" declasse? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Is wearing clothing that screams "Ferrari" declasse?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by bitzman, Jul 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    curiously, no ferrari executives ever wear ferrari branded items.

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    LOL.... I think Amazon Prime includes a gallon of bad cologne when you order the Big Pony Polo.... :D

3. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    That guy is the best :D

http://i.imgur.com/Hw8KX3S.jpg

4. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    If it wasn't for the guys in Ferrari gear who would we make fun of at events?
    Other than head-to-toe gear at an event the worst for me has been seeing the Ferrari "elf shoes" worn with faded jeans at a restaurant in a distinctly nautical town.

5. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    #30 jkddad, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  7. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #33 FarmerDave, Jul 17, 2017
    And if you can't afford polo, I feel bad for you son. You got 99 problems but a ____ ain't one.

Saw this at Fry's Electronics.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    POOL? LMAO!!!

10. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I got 99 problems and dyslexia is one?

11. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Just as with your car and mods... its your car and body.... do what you want. If you like Ferrari clothes, where them and screw what anyone else thinks.

The only Ferrari clothes I'll wear get sent to me from a buddy that is a race engineer on the F1 team. He has sent me some great team shirts and driving suits over the years. The shirts are a great conversation starter and the fire suits work great for track days.

If you remember the notorious Nigel Stepney that sold Ferrari's secrets to McLaren..... got his shirt, and one from Montezemola from the Shumy days among others.

If someone thinks you are a punter for wearing what you like, that's their problem!

12. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I have a wardrobe of the stuff. Ferrari, Alfa, Ford even an Audi T-shirt. Some are serious a few funny.
    I make a point of never wearing any car branded attire when in that particular marque.

13. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    Personally the only thing I own is an umbrella and only because Algar had a booth at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix selling some items & it started to rain fairly hard. I certainly don't begrudge anybody that wears Ferrari items though. Personal choice.

14. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I have a hard time on this issue, only have Dino shirts 'cause no one knows what they are.

Only wear them at home, where we all know what a Dino is :)

Have a Panerai F. Watch, but not one soul has ever noticed it, and I am fine.

No, I don't think it is declasse', as long as the attire is worn at the right venue, if such thing exists, or as the track groupies, really cool, will be on prime time at the races.

Still think it somewhat of an 'in your face' item. Would you wear a Superman shirt? Anywhere? I don't know, it is sort of like people that dye their hair green, purple, etc.
    and everybody stares at them, but I think they want to be looked at.

So, is wearing clothing that screams "Ferrari" declasse' ? If you do it, it must be cool to you, so GO FOR IT!!!! It's your bod, you do what you want.

Personally, I would only wear a car. Not even a Ferrari hat. If any hat, another marque.

Regards, Alberto

15. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I don't wear my stuff anywhere either but after watching Monza over the weekend, I think that venue would be the most appropriate to be decked out in red.

16. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #41 darth550, Sep 5, 2017
  17. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Someone find the image of that goofball middle aged man with red Ferrari shoes, shorts, shirt, and hat. It's a classic.

18. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    What year? 1994? Just a guess.

19. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  20. severtecher

severtecher Karting

May 1, 2004
    Tucson AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fox
    I wear the colors of the Scuderia because that is my sports team and has been for over 40 years. I fly my Ferrari flag out front whenever they win. I gave up on Baseball at about 10 years old and other ball games
    as the players became drugged up prima donnas.
    I have various Fila Ferrari driving shoes (can't tell when a road going opportunity might arise) and my Ferrari hat. I would wear a full compliment of Ferrari threads if I thought it would benefit the brand. I long ago gave up giving a **** what people think. Wear what you like , fancy watch and all. I carry my 80 year old Omega pocket watch since being a former mechanic my fingers and arms are jewelry free.

Siempre Ferrari

21. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I wear Lotus gear so why wouldn't you guys wear Ferrari stuff? I am not saying go over board but I wear a Senna John Player Special shirt as well as a Lotus F1 Team and Evora shirts at times. When I am in my Jeep on weekends I will have Jeep shirts on. I have never seen the reason not to do it and when I get a Ferrari I will have some Ferrari gear I am sure. I won't wear items I don't own so my Porsche shirts have been temporally retired till I buy the next Porsche.

Oh I also have a Mercedes shirt that I wear every time I go to the dealership. It's a running joke between my salesman and I as every time I bought a car from him I had a shirt with other car companies names. After the last car I bought from him he gave me a shirt and asked me to wear it so I do.

22. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Now ironically, if you drive a Harley Davidson - EVERYTHING you wear is Harley. Especially when you're 'riding', but even when not you have stuff on. Craziness.

23. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We had Italian Carfest Saturday, I had dropped Challenge off earlier in day with truck, then along with Jennie and Mia entered the Maserati. I was wearing a Crescent Classic shirt with Ferrari of Denver on back. Immediately someone came up half joking you are wearing Ferrari shirt driving a Maserati. I then pointed the Challenge out and that we had two others.

At Starbucks few months ago lady had Ferrari hat, so I started talking to her and she didn't have a clue about Ferrari. I even pointed out the California I had parked near by. She just didn't get it at all.

25. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto