FerrariChat.com update - Day 1 Poll | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com update - Day 1 Poll

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Thoughts about the FerrariChat update - Day 1?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2017.
  1. Do Not Like - FerrariChat was better before and not acceptable.

88 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. Do Not Like - Acceptable especially with optional Old style.

53 vote(s)
    23.9%
  3. Indifferent - Positive & negatives about equal.

38 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Like - Growing on me, more positives than negatives.

34 vote(s)
    15.3%
  5. Like - Major improvements.

9 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    whats that owners yellow box ?

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Awesome on a mobile, imo

3. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Maybe I'm missing it... but I used to like the search in a particular thread when you are in that thread.
    eg - classifieds. Now I have to go up to the search button, choose that parent thread I want to search and then do my search.
    tad more cumbersome.

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    It means you own a Ferrari - probably drive from "owners forum" access :)

5. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
    Hi All,

This new look is terrible - very hard to read and separate the information from the supporting graphics, boxes, etc., etc...

Why can we not keep the old site? I always would come here to feel like a very welcoming clean look with information ready to find and now it appears to be like any other site, just very busy.

Please help! :-(*

6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Actually, this is so mobile friendly that I don't think Tapatalk is necessary.

7. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Switch to old theme. I think the transision would be much less painful if that was the default. I understand the need for new software but IMO, no need to change a look that people like and are accustom to.

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    that must exclude 456 owners....

anyhow, how to you jump to the last post in a thread ?

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I can't tell people too many times. I mentioned it in this thread on the old forum, I mentioned it in the email to everyone, and I mentioned it in the announcement every user logging in here had to read. Can't do anything besides that.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    reason we'll do Tapatalk as we can provide a downloadable application that runs tapatalk behind it, works different because works as app, but tapatalk required in background.

Aircon likes this.
  11. speedcat

speedcat Karting

Jul 26, 2011
    AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Pretty impressed with how quickly you got the site back up and running. Still adjusting to the new look and feel, the different themes are definitely helping in that regard. Any chance we could get a Preference / Option to hide avatars, as with signatures?
    Cheers

12. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    #87 Island Time, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    The thing that's causing this all of the member's information is now on the left hand side of their post. So....It takes a lot of space to put "Staff Member" "Owner" "Silver Subscibed" .Joined date, Posts#, Location.....that stuff was spread around on the old site...so it didn't take so much vertical space on a computer screen. Now.....there's so much vertical space used because of it.....what a poster has to say gets less emphasis.....space wise.

"Dave Rocks"..."Sticky Rx".......his one post fills an entire computer screen. All for 2 sentences.
    posts 79 and 82

13. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Looks like there are issues when someone posts apostrophies

Test

I'd like to run a test. "This is my test"

Hmm. Not seeing it here. I first noticed it in the classified ad for the 430 stick which was just posted.

14. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
    How do you switch to the old theme?

....Ah ok figured it out -- looks MUCH better...for a second I really panicked if the new look was the only option.

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Australians on telstra broadband still have no access.... Just saying.

16. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Trust me, I agree. The old design was really a great layout as it had most of the stuff all in a top banner per each post and that banner helped define the post.

17. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I think I like the new format when viewed in classic mode.

Lots of users are complaining of ads, but I see zero ads when browsing from my phone. (I don't think I've logged into FChat from a computer in years)

18. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I don't like the dead space on the right, I don't like how much screen space each post takes up now, and I especially don't like the Trophies. I'm here 14 years I think, and never won anything, 2 seconds after I log into the new site, I see I have 4 trophies - it's juvenile. Save the trophies for the snowflakes.

I like seeing my Avatar over laid on the Avatar of the thread initiator - meaning I posted in that thread.

19. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    you can get rid of dead space on the right by using the new style and clicking this button next to style chooser... Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Is there any way to eliminate avatars and sigs?

21. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Yeah, the sigs are terrible, as are the username blocks. The font on the username is WAY too small and the avatars are useless. The avatars just look like a dot within a dot.

Getting rid of all the BS on the right is a step in the right direction. If the sig and username blocks get sorted, then color and contrast get sorted, the user experience will be FAR better.

22. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok, after a day of usage, I'm ready to change my answer to Like.

rob lay likes this.
  23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    take a look at motorinteractive and see if you like user block stuff left of post instead.

http://www.motorinteractive.com/community/index.php?threads/dodge-demon-impressive-or-not.258

24. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
  25. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Nice. Thank you.

Curiosity/bug?: when I clicked that button, I got the much wider look, but not full width: still some space to the right, except for short time, not empty. The two boxes, my name boxg and the new posts box, were still there to the right, floating on current screen as I scrolled up and down thru the posts on the left. I clicked the little post width control button down below back and forth to watch, then mazimized and resized my browser window (Chrome on WIndows 10), and now those two right side boxes are stuck at the top.

Much as I would prefer they not be there at all, if they are there, they seem more useful if they floated on the current page, not stuck at the top. That makes the space off to the right not just empty, but of some value.

Also thank you for the increased post count per page. Helps hugely.

Now how do "we" get Sticky RX to update his footer so its not as tall or taller than most of his posts? Rhetorical query, but related to how much real estate is occupied with ads. In scrolling this section, I see a lot of RX Sticky ads, whichi suppose is good for him, but irritaiting to me.

Oh yeah: as I go thru this post, fixing all my typos, I realize there's no spell check. Upcoming feature, I hope?