Lime Rock Historics | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lime Rock Historics

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by dflett, Aug 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 250GTE

250GTE Karting

Mar 21, 2004
    #26 250GTE, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Something I've wondered about but never had the courage to ask about (lol) is why Lime Rock seems to get only the same cars year after year and never any of the big guns that show up at other events? Lime Rock has been doing this 35 years - I think I first attended in 1983 - and I know that now there is a lot more competition with other events - but I think even before that LRP wasn't drawing any of the stuff that shows up at The Mitty for example.
    Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Side note: I've also been very disappointed that what was Historic F1 and I think is now called Masters F1 haven't been to Lime Rock since, I think, 2009.

3. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Some years back they had a "Ferrari Racing Days" event. That was a great event.

SefacHotRodder likes this.
  4. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not always true. It might seem like the "usual" cars but every year is different. I've seen multiple 250 GTOs, SWBs and other vintage cars. Years ago the Steve McQueen NART spider was there

5. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    And that's just the Ferraris

6. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    But I agree, more historic races at Lime Rock would be fantastic. It's such a special track