Juan Pablo Montoya sets a world record! | FerrariChat

Juan Pablo Montoya sets a world record!

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Former Williams and McLaren driver Juan Pablo Montoya is the proud holder of a new world record, achieved in association with Bugatti.

The automotive company's iconic Chiron, whose 8-litre quad-turbocharged 16 cyclinder power unit develops a cool 1,479 bhp, was entrusted to the Colombian racer to demonstrate just how fast it is.

Seven-time Grand Prix winner Montoya beat the world record for the fastest car to accelerate from nought to 400km/h and then back to nought again.

The time was 41.96 seconds, which on the surface may appear a bit underwhelming. The first stage acceleration segment took 32.6 seconds and 2.6km. But it only took 9.3 seconds and 491 meters for Montoya to grind to a halt.

Former Williams and McLaren driver Juan Pablo Montoya is the proud holder of a new world record, achieved in association with Bugatti.

The automotive company's iconic Chiron, whose 8-litre quad-turbocharged 16 cyclinder power unit develops a cool 1,479 bhp, was entrusted to the Colombian racer to demonstrate just how fast it is.

Seven-time Grand Prix winner Montoya beat the world record for the fastest car to accelerate from nought to 400km/h and then back to nought again.

The time was 41.96 seconds, which on the surface may appear a bit underwhelming. The first stage acceleration segment took 32.6 seconds and 2.6km. But it only took 9.3 seconds and 491 meters for Montoya to grind to a halt.

©Bugatti

As for Montoya, a huge Bugatti fan, he said he felt so secure behind the wheel of the supercar - or hypercar - that he didn't even feel the need the wear a helmet!

"It gave me such a feeling of security and reliability that I was entirely relaxed and really enjoyed myself during my two days with the car.

"It really was incredible to see that you didn’t need the complex preparations we have to make in racing for the 0-400-0 drive," he added.

"With the Chiron, it was all quite easy. Just get in and drive off. Incredible.

Anyone out there who wishes to emulate Montoya's exploit will have to fork out a hefty $2.7 million first!

http://en.f1i.com/news/279375-juan-pablo-montoya-sets-world-record.html#.WbbNk979vMp.twitter

Montoya breaks 400kph world record in a bugatti chiron

Christian.Fr likes this.
  2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    He was my favorite driver in F1 at the time when driving for Williams. It's pretty awesome to see him do that. I'm not surprised with his decision to not wear a helmet. I don't think it makes a difference crashing at 400 kmh in a production car that will completely break apart at those speeds. In a car with a safety cell like F1 it would though...

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The breaking performance is remarkable for a car that heavy. The acceleration is mind bending.

4. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I really like the colour configuration of the specific Chiron.

Christian.Fr likes this.
  5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Dark colors suit the car imho.

6. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Judging the end of the film, top speed seems to be next....

7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    That's what I am waiting for, what is the top speed unrestricted.

8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    BUGATTI Chiron 0-400-0 km/h in 42 seconds – A WORLD RECORD by Bugatti

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have a number of issues with the kmh/meters data recorded on this video. Traps speeds are too low when lined up with distance and distances happen too quickly. A timer would be useful.

I've chosen to just not think too much into it and hopefully a series of publications will put it against a clock.

10. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    450 then 500.

11. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Jus
    It s a stunning video. I love datas and Bugatti gives us a car with incredible numbers.

12. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
  13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Whats the technique? Stomp on brake pedal at 400 and let abs do its thing? Hard to believe anyone could be relaxed doing that.
    Anyone know previous record holder?

Christian.Fr likes this.
  14. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Thé last one was in Oct 2017, The Koenigsegg Agera RS has beaten its own 0-400-0kph with 36,44 seconds. Pilot was Niklas Lilja.

In September 2017 it was Bugatti with Chiron/Montoya.

15. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    The fastest series car in the world is the homologated serie Bugatti Veyron Super Sport with a speed of 430.99 km/h average on the round-trip recorded by the Guinness Book of Records