Ferrari Portofino and 70th celebrations in Italy | FerrariChat

Ferrari Portofino and 70th celebrations in Italy

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Wheels1, Sep 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #1 Wheels1, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
    Well.
    What a weekend we have just had.
    We got a late call to go to the new Portofino launch in Portofino on Friday night and then go to Fiorano for the celebrations on Saturday and Sunday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    OMG Ferrari pulled all the stops out for this, As a boy I could not even have dreamt of attending such an event. It was incredible to say the least.

We booked a flight to Genoa and Ferrari sorted out the hotel, there was a mix up over booking which left us with 10 minutes to get showered, changed and dressed, my wife took 2 other dresses in her bag just in case, I put my best suit on [ the only one], I not a fan of dressing up not like my wife. We caught the bus to the ferry which Ferrari laid on and there was hundreds of people all dressed up. I did not even get time to get my video out of the case, which may have been a good thing if you have seen some of my vids from this year on youtube!

Attached Files:

2. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Off we went to Porto on the ferry, Ferrari had made a floating platform and laid on drinks and then the new car was unveiled after a great video of it, The car looked great in the new Red, it looks very much like Rosso Corsa Metallic, which is a great colour and the light show around the port was incredible.

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #3 Wheels1, Sep 11, 2017
    Then we all went for a sit down meal, As you can see the great and the good were all there from Ferrari and sitting two tables from us. We meet people from all over the world and did quite a lot of car talking surprise surprise.

I was nearly the first person to write off a new Portofino, we had been told earlier we could sit in some of the display cars so I went to site in the red one in the photo only for the man from the Ferrari to quickly shout at me telling it was just a clay mock up and all the others were real! To me it looked real until you looked at things like the brake rotors. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #4 Wheels1, Sep 11, 2017
    The next day we moved to a hotel near Modena, caught the bus at 3 pm and arrived at Fiorano. First there was Silverstone auctions with some great cars and then a meal for all the people that were there which must have been over 1000, the food was amazing and of course free drink as well. the came the highlight of the night the show. First of all there was a film on a huge screen and it was then thundering, lightening and pouring with rain, luckily we were 4 rows from the front under cover but glad I did not site on the front row, The film was a short history of Ferrari and there drivers and after Seb and kimi came out of the stand a few rows away and went to stand on the stage in the pouring rain!! The there was the most amazing show I have seen with the big screen and the actors integrating together with great sounds effect pyrotechnics and dancers all in the rain which added to it, they brought out cars from the first racers to the last and the sound of an F1, V12, 30 feet away wheel spinning in the rain was amazing, then, yes there was more, we had JK with his funny hat giving us a session, how they did not get electrocuted I don't know but it looked like they had to make a small dam in the interval before he started to sing to keep the rain off the stage. Well all I can say it was one of the best experiences of my life and well done to Ferrari.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
  6. Savman

Savman Rookie

Aug 23, 2017
    Copenhagen
    Full Name:
    savvas manousos
    Thanks for sharing - looks like an awesome event.

The following has just gone on YouTube by UK Vlogger SeenThruGlass who sneaked in and shot some video in hi-res. Guess the Ferrari guys will be grumpy but I am glad to see just how awesome it looks and pleased that I put down a deposit pre-announcement after getting the tip-off it was coming from my dealer. Looks fantastic!