Ferrari 308 Luggage - New | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 308 Luggage - New

Discussion in '308/328' started by robo330, Aug 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Please say publicly that you were mistaken and won't do it. Some folks are VERY protective of horsies and have lawyers with nothing better to do. Although it would be nice.

2. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    Only at the Customers Request. Luggage will be "For Ferrari", not by Ferrari.
    But to focus on the main point. This is new luggage that can fit your 308, 328. It can also be made for any of the other Ferrari models, old and new. Thanks.

3. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I think the issue is using the trademark of the Ferrari script and/or the cavillino horse logo that could land you in hot water as unlike the original Schedoni sets, these cases are not authorised by Ferrari Italy.

From my understanding of the law, whether the customer requests to have a trade marked logo placed on the cases or not, the onus falls on the manufacturer not to break the trademark law.

Just my humble opinion...

4. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I think now there could be a market in horsey shaped metal dies!

5. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    My understanding as well. Schedoni was not, and still is not, allowed to sell aything with the horsey outside the official Ferrari network, and not allowed to accept any order for a set or a single case from one of the sets outside the official Ferrari network. Anything branded can only be sold through the official network.
    The font for the script has been deposed, too; it is called "Ferro Rosso", if my memory,etc...
    Rgds

6. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Far more interesting to have "308" stamped on it. Easily done with the Eurostyle font or the original Microgramma . I don't think these have any copyright infringement issues but someone better versed in F IP matters can maybe confirm.

7. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    I'd also suggest not using the Cavallino, to avoid the risk of attracting some possibly very expensive attention from Italy.

It's okay saying "It will only be put on at the customers request", but the fact will be that most customers will request the embossed Cavallino (unless it's extortionately expensive to have it added - Which I suspect it wont be), and you will still be using an unlicensed trademark to help sell the product.

The fact that this is obviously a high-end, quality product, it will pretty much guarantee it will get Ferrari's attention with the Cavallino on it. Without the Cavallino, they will not be interested.

It's the business equivalent of walking past a sleeping bear:

Walk quietly and carefully past it and don't do anything to attract it's attention, and chances are you'll be okay (No guarantee's though! ;) )

Walk past it and poke it with a stick though, and it's highly likely to wake up, come after you, and rip you apart!

The strange thing with Ferrari is, they will come after a high-end project like this for using the Cavallino trademark illegally, even though it will not generate a massive profit for those involved, and they will overlook people making things such as Scuderia wing/fender badges, that cost a lot less to buy, but are more far more profitable to the makers due to the numbers being sold.

8. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    All the points are well made and I will accept your combined opinions. No horsey, no Cavallino, etc.
    Especially as we are trying to introduce a new product, and one at the high end of the accessories and luggage range. Do not need negative issues clouding up the scene!
    Now, back to the Luggage itself..
    I want to see some of them done in a Leather with different textures. Nowadays, most of the textures are in fact rolled onto the surface of the leather, even the "normal" grained leather. We have looked at an Ostrich, Australian Emu, and I must say some of these look fantastic. Maybe not everyone's taste, but there will be some customers who like the options. Any comments on this?
    One more comment to add here. All the materials are Natural. The Leather, the interior Cloth and even the inner supports (Hard sides) are made from Marine Grade Plywood. So, environmentally friendly is the focus here. Thank you all for your comments and suggestions here. As current owners and fellow car guys, this is the best way to go forward I am sure. I would rather ask and get feedback, than come back later and try to fix something.
    I know this seems to be going on forever, but we have considered selling the cases separately, which would allow people to buy a couple and then build up to a full set. Color matches may be problematic, but I believe we can offer this on some of the more common colors, Black, Saddle, etc.

9. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Dont use the horsey or the Ferrari Font (Long 'F') and you should be 'Golden.'

10. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    Mark
    It will be the first time in my life that I will be "golden"!!!

11. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    Hoping to get to the Wooden Shoes event on the Western side of Michigan in September. Please come over and have a chat. I will be taking the Luggage with me to show. I should be there on the Saturday, September 16. You can also send me a PM if you need any more information and I can give you my telephone number: 248) 766 9141

12. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    Any of you guy's coming to the Ferrari event this weekend in Holland, Michigan? Please come over and make yourself known. I will be happy to talk yo you!!!

13. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    I will be there. Are you going to be at the Friday night event ?

14. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    I will be coming in on Saturday morning. I have a Black 308 QV with White Cibie covers over the Fog Lights. Shouldn't be too difficult to find.
    My number is 248) 766 9141
    Karl Robertson

15. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    Just for reference the Designer Beauty case. Well made back then...!

Attached Files:

16. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    Thank you, there has been a lot of interest in the Ferrari Luggage as shown. If any of you are interested in a set, for either a 308, 328 or a GT4, please PM me. I can give you a price for a set. The bags will be available in all the standard Ferrari colors with contrast or matching Cross Lacing.

Attached Files:

17. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    I want to stress that this is New Luggage for a Ferrari 308 / 328. Happy to be compared to the Schedoni luggage, but I hope that anyone interested in the New sets will use them as that is what they are meant for.
    Again, please PM for the cost, or send me an e-mail to [email protected]
    Thank you.

18. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    good owkr

19. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Curious - Why not just post budgetary pricing here? Or else a low / high price range if there are variables?

20. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    I thought that it may have breached some protocols on this site, so I did not.
    But here it is - the cost for a set of 4 cases, 2 small cases with Curved tops that fit in the ends, and 2 longer cases that go in the middle will be $3640.

This includes matching the colors of your cars interior Trim, with contrasting or matching Cross Lacing. All the Hardware is currently Gold, but if someone wants it in Chrome / Silver, that can be done too. Shipping is extra. The interior of the cases will be trimmed in cloth with a matching or contrasting pattern. All this can be finalized as we go forward. The Luggage is Handmade after all, so we can accommodate variations.Send me a sample of the leather color you want and we will try to match it. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    Sorry, I don't know what "owkr" means...!

22. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    3640 USD looks to be a very high price to be just a backup set

The beauty case here below belongs to a 456 GT set and I paid it 480 euro (with the green dust cover too): your ones reminds a lot that 456 GT beauty case, that is an original Ferrari by Schedoni. Maybe better buying an original Schedoni 456 set (that doesn't have any flake inside...) with the Prancing horse, and modify it to fit the 308 trunk: the final cost could be probably less than 3640 USD. 456 GT sets are very common and low priced

ciao

Attached Files:

23. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Or, without any mod, the 208 Turbo set is Ferraru By Schedoni original, perfectly fits the 308 and 328 set (ALL) and costs much less than the 308-328 set (and has a beauty case that is like this reproduction beuty case).

ciao

Attached Files:

24. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    How does this set fit in a 328?

25. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I personally would save a bit more and buy an original Schedoni set (which I did). The advantage is that you have an asset that you can use and will also definitely increase in value in the future. Just my opinion though.