new to Ferrari, anyone know this 458 speciale at Lambo Dallas? | FerrariChat

new to Ferrari, anyone know this 458 speciale at Lambo Dallas?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by nmcclure, Sep 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    Hey, wanted to introduce myself. Long time P car owner, but looking to jump over after all the games being played with allocations. I still own 7 porsches, but couldn't get an allocation, even with an ADM from a local (texas) dealer, so I am done with porsche.

Having never owned a Ferrari, but trying to read as much as I can on here, can you all take a look at this car, and see if there are any options, you would have checked, wouldn't have checked, etc....basically thoughts on the car/price/dealer.

http://www.lamborghinidallas.com/used/Ferrari/2014-Ferrari-458+Italia+Speciale-Dallas-a5da94160a0e0a6b13730521d8d93768.htm

I'm not looking to track the car too much, as I have several full time track cars E46 TTB/GTB1 987.2/GT4 Clubsport, but I'd love to take it out for Ferrari owners weekend type events.

Thanks, look forward to joining you all, either with this car or another in the future! Oh, between Ferrari Austin, and Ferrari Dallas, is there a preference?

2. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I inspected this car when it was in Albany at Bul's Auto Service because it seemed like an amazing deal at the time. Long story short, I would be pretty wary. There's so many Ferrari dealerships nearby in NJ, NY, and CT, yet it ended up getting picked up by a sketchy used car dealer that normally deals in cheap vehicles. There's a reason for that :p. Also it sat at that used dealership for over a year despite being priced at $380k asking (over year ago when Speciale's were going on average $430k+).

If you want more details you can PM me

3. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    perfect, thanks! I must be too new, or have too low of a post count, as I dont see a PM feature, only a "conversation", which I sent you a note on. If you don't see it, let me know, and I'll post my email.

thanks!

4. dc3843

dc3843 Karting

Dec 13, 2014
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    David Conrad
    Conversation is the new PM

5. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Welcome to fchat :) Whether you get this Special or another one, you're going to love it.

I had to chuckle when I read that you're jumping from Porsche to Ferrari because you're getting yanked around by Porsche about allocations :) Ferrari wrote the book on yanking their customers around regarding allocations. LOL. It's VERY frustrating, but it's part of the "Ferrari experience" :) You'll make a lot of friends here on fchat that will commiserate with you.

6. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    You should be able to get a speciale in the 370-380 range with similar mileage. Any particular reason why you are interested in that one?

7. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    Haha, a little ridiculous that I am struggling to spend money with porsche given the dieselgate scandal of VW; one would think they would take everyone in with open arms.

Sending you an email re. the PM.

8. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    I like the grigio cars, and at first glance the spec is close to what I would order. I would agree, this car, at 370 certified I'd do the deal, pending a 3rd party PPI.

9. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Yes unfortunately that all depends on the seller. It also depends on how high the MSRP of the car is.

10. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    I believe it was a 361 MSRP.