Ralphs Cars | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Ralphs Cars

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by msdesignltd, Feb 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. t walgamuth

t walgamuth Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2005
    i agree with this. i cant imagine overrestoring a car but then i dont have the resources for that anyhow.

if he shares them with the rest of us that is good enough for me.

tom w

2. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    as this threads been brought back once anyways i thought id comment.

actually horsefly some "restored" aircraft havebeen rebuilt from pieces of frame.
    for example theres quite a few flying spitfires today that came form little more than a section or so of damaged bulkhead or a totally wrecked frame.

3. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    Some marriages, as well.

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I can guarantee you that Paul Russell does the most serious, the deepest, the longest, the very best research of all the restorers in the entire USA. I have worked with him on a number of cars and it is just absolutely unbelievable, the amount of time spent into proper research.
    Marcel Massini

5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I would have to second this! Paul was kind enough to share with me all of the research that he did for a particular car, which included (among other things) tons of never-before-seen photos and correspondence! When I asked another well-known, Pebble Beach winning restorer what kind of reseach he had done on a similar car during its restoration, he said that he had asked the owner for photos or other information but was provided none, so he went with that.

6. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    As I was looking for information about the actual list in possesion of RL, I take the audacity to revive this post and ask you all, where can i find information about the actual fleet that RL actually owns?

Do we have ´recent´ information about his collection? What´s new, what´s gone, etc?

He is not coming to events since few years, i think the last one was Villa d´Este with the Atlantic a few years ago.

I am a foodie about his Collection, but its hard to find any information on the web.

Bests to all,

Nick.

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
  8. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Love the inclusion of engine sounds in this. A lot of the racing cars sound surprisingly docile.

9. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    Pete, thank you. I have seen it before and it´s great the inclusion of engine sounds.
    So the cars shown here are still with him? Did he add something to his collection in the just recent few years?

I haven´t seen photos from him or his cars in the last years!

Bests,

Nick.

10. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    Does anyone have a recent database with all the s/n´s of the cars that he still owns today? Not only Ferrari, but MB, Porsche, etc.

Nick.

11. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
  12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Glad this thread is resurrected. I've always been hungry for more photos and info about his collection. Overestored? Thankfully. The cars are absolutely stunning. I love his approach. Whatever the provenance may be of his (or any of these amazing vintage cars) may be, I'm not much for dents, rust and cracked/worn leather. I guess many feel otherwise, but I love how his cars are at the pinnacle of perfection. I also love that he has little to no livery plastered all over them. The big dots, garish numbers and stripes, all really detract from the beauty of these cars. But, each owner can do as they please. I do wish Lauren's collection would go on public display again.

13. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
  14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    That's a special treat.

15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Nevertheless RL`s Alfa 2.9 MM has got the totally wrong color - despite the advise of "Alfa-man" Simon Moore who had been hired to supervise the resto.

Yes, Paul Russel`s restorations are amazing and truly unique in the USA - so nobody can blame him about the issues with RL`s cars.

Its like always - the owners are making the rules...

But its great that RL is showing his cars to us mortal human beings....

17. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

Talking about "mortal" I thought it's cute, that cars like Jaguar XK120, and more surprisingly Morgan 4+, Ford "Woody" wagon and Willys made it to the collection. The rest is pretty much out of reach, or out of this world. :)

18. GSJFerrari

GSJFerrari Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 12, 2010
    Stuart, FL
    Full Name:
    Greg Jones
    here are photos when my father owned the vehicle. The top photo is in Michigan between 64-65 where i am standing next to the car (im in the middle child) and the bottom photo is in Menton some time in the mid 70's
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

wbaeumer likes this.
  19. Gleggy

Gleggy Formula 3

Sep 22, 2004
    Land of Oz
    Full Name:
    Gleggy
    Christian.Fr likes this.
  20. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed