Ferrari 330 GTC As-Built Configuration and Judging Guidelines | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 330 GTC As-Built Configuration and Judging Guidelines

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by SCantera, Apr 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    After a quick review of my pics, the latest GTC I've found so far with the block-style catch is 8915 (body# C0038), and earliest with the hole-style catch so far is 8969 (body# C0053).

2. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    #52 steve meltzer, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My car, #8995, has a hole to catch the hood latch as well. here' s photo. In the Corvette world, their renowned and very well researched NCRS Judging Manual as been completely revised several times as I recall. steve

BTW: tho' I posted this several years ago, I love this little vignette....

About 7 years ago, we adopted 2 little orange kitties from the SPCA. They looked (and still do) very, very similar. When we took them to our vet for their first checkup, the vet said they looked so much alike that he couldn’t tell them apart. So, he decided to do their exams and set up charts using their SPCA registration numbers. The first boy was “number 8995” the exact VIN of my ‘66 Ferrari 330 GTC, so we named him “Enzo”! The second boy was named Colombo for Ferrari’s famed engine designer! (When Colombo fell through the second floor railing to the stone floor below and emerged unscathed and nonplussed, we began to call him “Mr. Tough Boy” or “Toughie”). s
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. wmuno

wmuno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2007
    Wilmette, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bill Muno
    The Pf body number is a bit hard to find. It's located on a flat panel inside the engine compartment on the driver's side of the hood latch. It's a light stamping usually covered with black paint. Mine was under the brake boster vacuum hose. It has the form C0XXX. Unlike the Ferrari assembly sheets, the Pf records had a mimimal amount of information for each body number: color of body and seats; US or European instruments; optional A/C; and dealer/first owner.

4. 10speed

10speed Rookie

Sep 18, 2013
    The correct 330 GTC engine bay surround molding and the ribbed molding on the pinch weld under the trunk area is available from Larry Benson. I can send you his contact info if you are interested.

5. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'm not near my car right now, but my Massini Report says my body number is C0022. Car is s/n 8833.

6. larryingreenback

Jan 31, 2006
    GREENBACK, TN
    Full Name:
    LARRY BENSON
    I have reproduced the pinch weld molding in black polypropylene (PP) that is a exact profile of the original part. The original was either PP.... or a hard black rubber with a steel strip with serrated teeth inside. I think the reason that most cars are missing this original part is that the steel rusted and the pinch weld molding eventually fell off.

I have also faithfully reproduced the hood channel molding. My car had neither when I bought it in about 1982, hence the effort to produce correct parts. FWIW, since that time I have judged a lot of 330GTC/S, 365 GTC/S and these parts also fit other PF period cars.

David Carte and Wayne Obry (deceased) thought my parts are good reproductions. Bobby Smith recently bought 3 of the pinch weld moldings , FWIW. Steve Cantera, etc. also.

I can send samples for your examination if you wish. My e mail is [email protected]. I will need your USPS address.

Larry Benson, #10573

7. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    The hard plastic hood edge molding is still available from Ferrari and Rutlands has some in stock. Rutlands also have the lower body pinch weld rubber that wmuno had made and sold them.

8. 6carb

6carb Rookie

Jan 30, 2013
    A 365 GTC q so apologies... The rubber mat that goes over the brake booster and the brake reservoirs.. where can you get one?

9. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    have you looked at or send a pic of what you need to Cicognini.....i have had good luck sending pictures, this way they can assess their complete inventory vs just ferrari.

10. BakerD

BakerD Rookie

Sep 19, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean Baker
    I am new to this web site and recently acquired a '66 330GTC. I would be grateful if I can get a copy of this manual. Is it still available?

11. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    Attached (1963) period pics of a 250 GT PF Coupe Latch. Maybe this will help. I have a similar pic of a 1961 and it's the same latch catch

Attached Files:

12. wmuno

wmuno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2007
    Wilmette, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bill Muno
    The manual is available to FCA members at no cost in the form of a PDF download. There have been several updates to the manual, so it's advisable to join the FCA and download the most current version from the FCA website.

13. cyama

cyama Rookie

Oct 18, 2011
    reno, NV
    Full Name:
    cary yamamoto
    Please send me a copy.

[email protected]

14. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004