FerrariChat.com update - Questions | Page 30 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com update - Questions

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Aug 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    I am confused, I was trolling around this morning and ......
    "Your post in the thread Help - photo radar ticket in France? Was deleted. Reason: P&R"
    I don't even remember posting in that thread ?

Also my prior list of " Image Unavailable, Please Login infractions" has disappeared ?
    WTH do I have to start over again ?
    How am I notified if I get spanked now ?

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The screen goes black! :eek:

I think you'll get an email though I never did on the old system I was just not be able to log on.

3. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    I never got banned, yet ...... I would have a emotional meltdown if I did ;)
    Infractions are different, I would get a PM and get notified how long they were holding on to my nuts.
    So for two weeks there you are typing away, and you could just feel their hands gripping you harder and harder.......
    Just waiting for you to hit the "POST REPLY" button so they could rip them off.

Kind of like a bad case of Blue Balls, got intense with your finger still trying to type some more....
    Just waiting for the coup de grace, and that blood curling scream that makes the neighbors run to your aid.

4. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #729 ylshih, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Here's what you wrote:

in the deleted post.

Your infractions are still there, only they're called warnings now. I don't know if you can see them, though the mods can. (Let me know if you find it, it's a tab in your profile page).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The "Your post was deleted ..." alert was a notice as to an event/action, with no penalties associated with it. An infraction/warning or ban will have different messages and additional effect/consequences, such as points and an entry in your warnings record or restriction of site usage.

5. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Thanks Yin, you are 100 % correct I did put that in there........oops.
    Sorry about that, must focus......must focus ;)
    Now if I can just remember what I had for breakfast today.

6. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
  7. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    That's actually a navigation panel for your settings and controls. From that pop-up click on the "Your Profile Page" in red font at the top to get to the profile page panel I'm talking about.

8. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Didn't see a "warnings" tab anywhere on here.
    I also clicked postings and information tabs.
    Must be hidden ?

I cant find anything in the grocery store either, they are doing a remodel ;)

9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    That last one is the correct panel. Your profile page doesn't have the Warnings tab, so apparently it isn't visible to the specific user or the general user base, only to mods.

Thanks for helping to establish that.

10. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

Jack was using me as a test case since the incessant login challenges were affecting my mobile browsing experience too. He requested that I clear the cookies and cache, as this might be causing the login issue. I did so:

And have not had a repeat of the problem. So that's a simple user-end fix that will get you out of the login loop.

All the best,
    Andrew.

11. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    I'm still seeing only thumbnails regarding my latest uploaded pics. Though I'm logged in.
    I would prefer the pics in actual size rather than having to click onto each thumbnail to look at the pic.
    What am I doing wrong? The same with the old theme.
    Using my Ipad with IOs 10.3.3 at the moment.

Best
    Martin

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    read the bug list.

13. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  14. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Yes, you are correct. I was just subjected to some really bad Football and was liquored up and pissed off when I posted that

I'm starting to figure this new format out.

Joe

15. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    Would be nice to see less borders. Currently it's a bit busy and hard to scan quickly when you scroll up and down fast.

Attached Files:

16. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I liked the forum jump at the bottom of the page in previous version...where is now please? Also, finally need to get myself into owner's forum (after 10 years ownership). can I get quick tutorial on how that's done again please? thanks, Keith

17. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
  18. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've sent an email to Neurobeaker asking, but I think I should post this here as well:"

How does one change their information in their profile page?

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    pretty much everything is under your name top right. it is really easy guys. :)

20. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I just figured it out LOL

rob lay likes this.
  21. SSA

SSA Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Cambria, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Allen
    Rob, I'm getting used to the new format which seems to be inching toward the previous format. And thanks to you for working so diligently to listen to users and smooth the bumps. One seemingly trivial and superficial nit: is it possible to replace the icon graphic "XenForo " with something that says "FerrariChat"? "XenForo" insults the history and glory of our beloved marque. I realize there could be a contractual issue here but I assume XenForo has been paid so that should make them somewhat happy. Cheers! SSA (Steve Allen, Cambria, CA)

22. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    I am assuming that you are talking about the icon when you add F-Chat as a favorite bookmark on your iPad. Yes? I am a moderator of a forum for our HOA and we use XenForo and the same icon appears. Whereas forums using the prior software that F-Chat ran on pickup a different look. The use of these icons is mostly associated with iPhone, iPad and Macs.

The little research I have done is that this is a"feature" of Apple's operating systems and Rob may have very little control.

Steve

23. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Thanks for the reply. But I liked my avatar and that's why I'd renew my silver subscription. In the new format it doesn't make much difference if you have an avatar or not, it's so tiny. But that's a silly comment, so if you don't take it seriously I'd understand. The thing that annoys me the most is the appearance, it is straining to the eyes. Too much red, quotations are in ghost, empty gaps all around he boxes, pages are too long, you can't easily see where a comment starts and where it ends. The old one was so easy to see. Do not like it at all and I find myself not compelled to log on every night after dinner like I used to when the FChat world was blue and soothing. Or, when I do log on, I look at a lot fewer threads than I used to and leave... It annoys me.

john

24. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I don't know if there's an answer to my request in this thread and I've scanned the buglist to no avail, but is there anything that can be done about the quality of uploaded pictures? Higher res and/or larger size? Thanks.