Ferrari Approved / Other dealerships | FerrariChat

Ferrari Approved / Other dealerships

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by marcomodena, Sep 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marcomodena

marcomodena Rookie

Sep 19, 2017
    Hello everyone, I am a new member of this community, in love with the cars made in Maranello since I was a kid, and now with the available resources to finally buy my first one.

I live in the north of Italy, near Milan, and I have been looking at different options online for a 458 Italia, from the Ferrari official network, to different dealerships, to individuals.
    Can anyone suggest me what the best thing to do would be? Is it worth it spending more money and buy from the official dealer? Pros and cons?

Thank you in advance, everyone, I can't wait to be part of the family.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome & good luck with your search

To get the factory warranty will probably give you peace of mind for your first car so talk to an official dealer first - even so it is worth getting a car independently inspected - you can also add the official warranty to a car bought outside the network if you find something more to your liking

Don't forget if the car is less than seven years old it will have servicing included

Much much good buying advice already in the 458 section

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We have a 2017 Cali T with less than 700 miles for sale on consignment at the dealer. We bought it new from that dealer and they've done all service. It has the factory warranty. It is competing against a couple other 2017 Cali T's that are owned by dealer and can be labeled Ferrari Approved. Ours can't, but I can tell you there is no difference in the quality of our cars vs. the Ferrari Approved one. My only question is does the 12 month Ferrari Approved warranty cover anything the factory warranty doesn't?