Taken Off Market - 1993 Ferrari Mondial t Valeo | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 1993 Ferrari Mondial t Valeo

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by alexion, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Yes, Hank and I have spoken on several occasions. He certainly provides some great details about ownership experience in the threads on FChat as well.

I think the biggest misconception with this car is that people think of it as an F1 gear box. It operates exactly like a 5-speed, in fact it is the same transmission. The only difference is an actuator engages the clutch instead of your left foot. It's actually a really cool concept.

2. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    This one day will be a collectible model for reasons stated. But for now people like sticks, look at the premiums paid for various models that are rare sticks.

3. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    It is a stick, it's just missing a peddle.

WJC likes this.
  4. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    The car is a stick shift 5-speed. The ONLY difference is there is no clutch pedal. When your hand touches the shift lever, microprocessors send a signal to the actuator which engages the clutch. The microprocessors are a lot faster than our left foot.

5. 8500rpm

8500rpm Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    San Francisco Bay
    Full Name:
    Chan
    I wonder if the F1's nasty reputation comes from people driving it like an automatic and burning up clutches.

Given that the Valeo preserves the gated shifter, its driver could not possibly pretend he was driving an auto.

Very interesting car, BTW. Didn't know that the US got Valeo cars.

6. 8500rpm

8500rpm Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    San Francisco Bay
    Full Name:
    Chan
    It's pricey, for one thing, and there is no way to "analyse" a market of 15 cars to determine a "reasonable value."

That said, very interesting bit of Ferrari history and I hope the car finds the right buyer.

WJC likes this.
  7. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.

I get it - I just figured there would be someone out there that would be interested!

I would love it - but I live in the city with no third parking spot and not willing to rent one.

8. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I agree with the fact that it if hard to analyze a market with so few examples. The last known example was owned by an FChat member and sold for $75,000 in 2015, confirmed. His car had 10k more miles although it was in equally nice condition. They have sold for much more money in Europe, but I don't think that's a fair comparison. That said, I know the market has softened a bit since 2015 and I have adjusted my ask accordingly. I am open to reasonable offers, but I will not give it away.

9. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    The Valeo definitely carries a premium over a non-Valeo Mondial. Today, not just in the future.

Take any 2 Mondial T's of similar mileage, condition, and service history and the Valeo is worth more.

10. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Still available folks and can be seen at Scuderia Rampante. Dave would be able to provide a detailed overview of the car as it's been in his possession. I would advise, serious parties only as his time is precious.

Obviously the pictures you see here don't do the car justice which is likely the reason why its still for sale and as it's in Colorado and I'm in NY, I can't readily snap some new photos.

$64,995 Or Best Offer!

11. eswilly

eswilly Karting

Jan 16, 2015
    I still get mesmerized by the old videos.
    I swear that has to be a great addition to any collection. I know rarity does not completely determine value but this auto is worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Thanks, I’d like to think so myself. Some lucky person will get a very special car.

13. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Price update: $59,995

14. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    One thing I have not considered until now are trades...Full or partial are within the realm of possibility. Let's see what you got!

eswilly likes this.
  15. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I am posting this link for comparative purposes. This is not my car: http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/louisville/1993/ferrari/mondial-S1619.html

I understand that not having the car in my possession and being able to take new pictures is an issue. To reiterate, the car is at Scuderia Rampante for the winter, where a ppi can be performed and any questions can be asked.

My car has close to 10k less miles, interior is in much better condition, and is fully serviced and ready to go. Any of the pain points these cars experience have been resolved by me.