1985 GTSI Window motor | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1985 GTSI Window motor

Discussion in '308/328' started by Lee Panella, Sep 27, 2017.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    When I replaced the grease in the motor housing it solved the issues. Cleaning the cable and pulley system also helps. I went further and replaced the window track felt. That made a huge difference.

Pero likes this.
  2. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    It's been about 10 years since I did this so bear with me..

Can only be two scenarios given that you haven't changed any of the operating parameters.
    - you have the regulator installed upside down. ( I don't think that's even a possibility )
    - Too many wraps on the drum. When I say "loose " i'm talking about possibly an inch of play. Once I cycled the motor everything adjusted properly with start/stop sequence of the cable travel.
    - pretty sure the cable didn't shrink LOL and it fit properly when you disassembled. Hang in there man!

3. Lee Panella

Lee Panella Rookie

Mar 7, 2017
    Awesome graphics. You are great. I checked that. It is done the correct way. Or so it seems. I need another set of eyes or something I guess

4. jmaienza

jmaienza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #29 jmaienza, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Absolutely. By having it go outside of two posts you have shortened the effective cable length. On my 78 GTS I have one post between the cable and they have to enter and exit in the right place.

Look at the other door and see how the wire is routed. Also check the motor and housing orientation from the three mounting screws.

5. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven
    May be a picture here will help others visualize your actual set up and possible diagnosis?