Borrani wheel repair | FerrariChat

Borrani wheel repair

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by jww427, Sep 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jww427

jww427 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    White Post Virginia
    Full Name:
    john w. warner IV
    Hello all!
    Anyone know who's good at fixing dents on a wire Borrani?
    thanks
    John

2. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    this comes up fairly often and I always recommend Dayton Wire Wheel. they did the Borranis on my Ghibli and they were excellent. Not fast, but reasonably priced, and probably quicker than the competition. steve

3. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
  4. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    ask Paul Koot (iirc owner of Ruote Borrani)

PK Coachbuilt & Classic in The Netherlands

Phone: ++31268452013
    Mobile: ++31653914517
    Fax: ++31268452014

5. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    Are you saying you rebuild them in the UK?

6. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Nope. what we do ( that is all included in the price) is ship them back to Milan where they are rebuilt in the Borrani factory, using correct Borrani components. where for instance they don't use things like stainless steel spokes.

You can have the spokes replaced cheaply, but they are not as good. i see all sorts of monstrosities, such as single spokes being replaced, people saying it is OK with a bent spoke. basically if you have one bent spoke or one that is slightly loose, they need rebuilding. if you have a supposed wheel builder saying he can just replace the one spoke. just walk out of the shop. don't stay and listen to more. have it done properly. These are car wheels, not motorbike wheels. they are not the same thing!

We deal with all sorts of wire wheels here at Longstone. I think because UK is relatively small with a dense population it is maybe easier for people to come and take advantage of our free fitting service and understanding of wire wheels we are easier to come and see and well worth the effort, as an accessible company that understand this for gotten/obsolescent technology.

i guess this is a bit of a sales pitch: but what you do on your car is a bit like what you do with a stereo: you could consider your wheels and tyre like you do your speakers. what is the point in having a good car if your amplifier and speakers are crap.

Oo anyway the other thing i should point out to you is on this page there is a massive bargain on sets of 215/70VR15 XWX Michelins https://www.longstonetires.fr/pneu-voiture-collection/ferrari/365.html which is they are on the horizon you should grab them while the going is good. for in house complicated reasons they are on our French site which i hope you can battle your way through. If not please give us a ring. 00441302711123 (you can choose your currency on the top of the page)