Last movie you saw | Page 256 | FerrariChat

Last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PrettyBoy, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I saw Sharknado 1 thru 5 this last weekend. I don't know why I love seeing those movies but I do. My wife thinks I'm crazy, guess I am. It's fun just to see all the cameos.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I saw #4 last year and it was hilarious how bad it was...maybe I should give the others a try.

I saw Spiderman Homecoming...it was okay. The only Marvel movie I can enjoy is the Guardians of the Galaxy series. The rest seem repetitive and unoriginal. I feel like there have been 4,000 spiderman movies in the last 15 years.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Great news!

Just hoping they have less of the PC stuff in the plot

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    He was pretty disappointed with the last films as I'm sure everyone recalls from his grumblings and disinterest in the franchise after Spectre. He confirmed the new deal on Colbert and said he wants to go out on a high note and is excited. I hope that means he thinks the script is fantastic and they will take feedback from him during filming. It'll be his last.

Apparently he's getting paid a ridiculous amount for this one film. Like NINE figures ridiculous.

https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/daniel-craig-james-bond-135-million-2017-8

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good 4 him. No more Skyfall pls

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Life

It was pretty annoying with how bad the astronauts' decision making abilities were...but it wouldn't be a movie if the slapstick-like series of errors didn't exist. I have a bias to watch movies with anything NASA as I grew up around that stuff with my dad working for them, but wow this was terrible.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    McLaren

McLaren (2017) - IMDb

Really nicely done. It's sad how his company is doing today given how successful it once was.

8. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    his street car branch is doing very well despite racing woes. theyll come back though

9. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I absolutely loved skyfall. I must be missing something. I know you aren't the only one that didn't like skyfall. I am a huge James Bond guy and I loved it.

What am i missing... genuinely... what am I missing?

I hear the complaints that it wasn't good... but no one can point out why it was bad.

There was some BS that the skyfall song was bad... which actually... I liked... and I thought it was a perfect bond song.

10. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Did anyone see Live by Night? Thats the Ben Afleck flick thats placed in the 30s.

I heard from someone who saw it and they said they loved it. It got bad reviews... but I don't believe in reviews really anymore.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The song was the best part.

Hated the dumb finale. Hated the PC world.

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Adele's song is fantastic, but the plot and in particular the ending is horrible.

Have you seen those YouTube videos called Honest Trailers? Their one of Skyfall is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWfg__wKSY

13. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Wind River.

Best movie I've seen in quite a while. Jeremy Renner is rapidly becoming one of my favorites.

NaO likes this.
  14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's brilliant, thanks!

15. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Shooter. With Mark Wahlberg. Senseless violence. Car chases. Espionage. Intrigue. Good movie to pass the time on a flight.
    T

16. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I think I've decided to watch all of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit movies. For those that have seen it, do you suggest watching them in the order they were released (LOTR then Hobbit) or in storyline order and start with the prequel/Hobbit series?

I know the correct answer is to read the books, but I won't be doing that anytime soon. I've heard that the Hobbit movies aren't that good (similar to Star Wars ep1-3 being terrible), but I'd really like to watch them all regardless.

17. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Ghost In the Shell.

Not a horrible movie. But certainly not good. It reminded a lot of Tron:Legacy due to the music and overall dark landscape.

The city looked like a hellish techno-Hong Kong where human life meant nothing and corporate interests trumped everything else.

Overall acting was meh, but acting and effects were better than the story. Some of the action scenes were OK.

6/10.

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Well I ended up watching the three Hobbit movies followed by the three Lord of the Rings movies this past week.

I preferred the Hobbit movies as I liked the faster pace (meaning not 4 hour long movies) and they had fewer side-stories going on simultaneously that LoTR had that didn't seem to add much value. Plus, I felt the characters in the Hobbit were more entertaining and it was less dark of a film series overall.

I do see why LoTR was favored by critics and those that vote for the Oscars (better film from a technical perspective). I think as a regular movie-goer the Hobbit series was more entertaining and clearly made for a wider audience base.

19. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I enjoyed the second movie most in both of those trilogies.

20. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    American Made with Tom Cruise. I enjoyed it, the film had some funny moments as well as a lot of exaggeration.

21. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Fate of the Furious

I don't think there is an uglier "leading man" that Vin Diesel and a more stupider storyline than this movie has.

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
  23. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Wish Upon.

Not too bad. Probably liked it better because it has at least a bit of "Final Destination" feel to it.

If that's your genre, it might be worth a shot.

24. shootermcgavin

Jul 10, 2016
    the babysitter on netflix, "fun" teenager movie?

25. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Brawl in Cell Block 99. Vince Vaughn was shockingly good. This movie is extremely graphic. I recommend it.