FERRARIS AT MOTOR SHOWS | Page 14 | FerrariChat

FERRARIS AT MOTOR SHOWS

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by PAUL BABER, Dec 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gudz

gudz Karting

Nov 23, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Goodhand
    I'd be really grateful if anyone had pictures of either the Pininfarina or Ferrari stands from the 1971 Earls Court (London) motor show. I think my car 14561 may have been on the Pininfarina stand, but I'm not certain. I've spoken to Shawn Bealey to see if he can remember as my car was purchased personally by him just after the show, but he's not certain which car was on which stand either as both C4's were quite similar. Colour photo's may solve the case ;-)

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  3. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

What about Frankfurt 1959 ????????

4. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
  5. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    ferrarip4 likes this.
  6. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    Hello Marcel.

Wasn't it one of the Dino Competizione chassis (034) restamped by Ferrari to 10523 used for this car, or is it again another internet Ferrari legend? Thanks for clarifying.

7. nico308

nico308 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2011
    If I'm right Jacques Swaters always said that is first Brussels Motor Show in Brussels was 1953 (right?) that he was on the Ferrari stand during 10 days due the lost and find of a Europa and that Mr Gardini couldn't make it to Brussels , that he sold a Europa during the show to a belgian Customer but the first 250 Europa are from the end of 1953 so was is first Brussels show in 1954(0303EU) or did he was wrong about the model ?
    What car was the "lost car" and is it the same that he sold?

8. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    When I had 0963GT it had bumperettes, side louvers, and delivered in black. The Paris car shown is a later s/n.

9. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    These Ludvigsen photos were taken at the Turin Car Show November 1-12, 1967.

10. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    Thanks, I was not completely sure if it was Torino or Geneva...

11. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Swaters was in Brussels 1953 with his own stand (ecurie francorchamps). Ferrari stand was still maintained by Comptoir Automobiles Richard SA. I think the story of the lost Ferrari he found at the customs warehouse - as expected - relates to 1954 and 0303EU.

12. gudz

gudz Karting

Nov 23, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Goodhand
    Thanks Marcel, I think I've seen this image before (it was taken from a period magazine I believe). Shame it's not very clear or in colour, I know - I'm asking a lot now :) It'd be great if I could somehow find the original, or if anyone else had anything clearer.

Anyhow, thanks for the pic it's now in the files. KR, Steve

13. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    14561 had the Beige interior with the seat centers in Scozzese #12.
    14555 had the Blu VM 3015 interior with the seat centers in Scozzese #66.
    That bw photo seems to show beige seats. I therefore think it shows 14561.
    Clearly this is the Pininfarina stand.

Marcel Massini

14. gudz

gudz Karting

Nov 23, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Goodhand
    Thanks Marcel,

I've got to be a bit careful here as I was asked not to share these images, so I've taken a crop of an image I was given and told was 14561 by the then Maranello press photographer. This is the car on the Ferrari stand at the show. As you can see it's quite hard to tell in B&W photographs as it wholey depends on the exposure. That's the reason I was hoping someone may have a colour photograph. I think you're probably correct and mine was the one on the PF stand, but a colour photograph would finalise it in my mind and I'll then make efforts to get these photos to the owner of 14555.

Cheers, Steve

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. gudz

gudz Karting

Nov 23, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Goodhand
    Also the image of the car on the PF stand is quite obviously over-exposed. :confused:

16. nico308

nico308 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2011
    Thank you kare for your respons he sais that he sold a Europa that years the one of the stand (0303EU ) or a one that was still need to be made and delivered later like 0341EU the only one that I have in my files sold new in Belgium?
    He also claimed that before the Garage Francorchamps he already sold a used Ferrari in 1952 any idea wich one it could be probably on originaly sold by Comptoir Automobiles Richard SA ?

17. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Does anyone hold images of the 1967 New York Auto Show? This was at the Coliseum convention centre.

I've been shown an image that is captioned as the 1967 show, but I'm increasingly certain it's actually the 1966 show, as there appears to be a 250 LM on the stand.

-Ed

18. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
  19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Terrific photos Tom. Is that Chinetti Sr. and Jr. in conversation behind the yellow 275 GTB? Thanks for posting.

20. tomberlin

tomberlin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2005
    Bethesda
    Full Name:
    tom berlin
    Thank you for the kind words. As for the extras in the photo I have no idea.

Cheers

And not to get off topic but as remarkable as some of us thought those cars were back in the day 50 years later the artwork and engineering is truly hard to fathom, especially as compared to what the rest of the world was producing.

21. vadimmerc1-18

vadimmerc1-18 Rookie

Mar 15, 2012
    Geneva Motor Show 2008, Ferrari 612 Scaglietti One To One chassis # 159604, 365 GTB/4 “Daytona” chassis # ?
    If anyone knows chassis number 365 GTB / 4 “Daytona” please write.

22. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I don't. But to help others in searching for it, here's another shot (not my photo) that shows the car is very dark blue, and is fitted with an unusual wing mirror. It has what appears to be a tan or beige interior with headrests for driver and passenger.

A few more images that might help to ID at this link:
    http://www.italiaspeed.com/2008/motor_shows/geneva/ferrari/0503.html

-Ed