Most Important People in F1 all time Top 5 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Most Important People in F1 all time Top 5

Discussion in 'F1' started by spirot, Sep 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Lets not forget that in clark or stewarts era there werent 500000 million cameras everywhere spying their every moves;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

I never heard that anyone complained about their driving, or accused them of being aggressive on the track. Both were real gentlemen, well respected by their peers.

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Not disputing their greatness for sure but again just watch at donnington 93 and everything is said

4. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

You cannot judge a driver by one race. Senna did great that day, but he also disgraced himself a few times in his career. He claimed that his religious beliefs made him win, to justify some dubious tactics and other controversial statements during interviews made him look weird, to say the least.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Monaco 1984? Estoril the following year... got plenty of amazing senna races.
    We can agree to disagree its okay.As sports fan we should be thankful for their talents not hate on them.
    I agree that senna's religious belief were much different than mine and others... He was an evangelist, its also a cultural thing but i get it.

He also took great risks also true but again who jumped out of its car to save erick comas at Spa? No one but him...
    Prost hated senna and i see why but guess what they ended up friends and prost carried his gasket so can not have hated him that much;)

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If you're going to include them, don't forget Jack Brabham, who did the same and succeeded before them.

I'd also consider John Cooper for starting the move toward mid-engined cars.

7. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Alain Prost was my favourite driver; the ultimate professional. Calm and collected in his approach to racing, he just drove hard enough to win, and never beyond what was necessary. Prost used to plan his races, not trying to win at the first lap, but aiming at being the first at the chequered flag, wearing his opponents lap after lap. He didn't make many mistakes, and wasn't over-emotional either. He probably wasn't the fastest, but the most methodical in his era. The results came out of that.

tifosi12 likes this.
  8. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

John Cooper must stand very close to Colin Chapman when it comes to influencing F1.

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    MS learned from Senna.

Both were dirty drivers.

vinuneuro and Caracciola like this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

I am french and Prost was indeed a master. We called him the professor.
    That being said he wasn't great in the wet& bitched a lot which led ferrari to firing him.
    Jean alesi was good, unfortunately he had a lot of mechanical failures!

11. Natkingcolebasket69

same for alonso, hamilton, verstappen and vettel... all guilty of dirty moves in recent years...
    That being said, dirty or not, schumacher and senna were way faster than most in their era...
    I mean no schumacher teamate could keep up with him...
    Then he came back and whilst at mercedes made a lot of mistakes and wasnt the same.

12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Schumacher at Mercedes was there to develop the Mercedes car, as a favour to Ross brawn. I don't believe we saw the best of Michael in that car, it never had the potential to do anything until the very end of his time there, and of course, he'd been out of the cockpit a while and the cars had changed beyond recognition. The whole of F1 was alien to that he left. Schumacher is the true GOAT of F1, no one else comes close to his success and his brilliance. He was totally dominating, totally in control of his own destiny there. He is sadly missed, and I feel that f1 started to die the day Michael retired the first time around, and it is accelerating to its doom every day now. Boring races, stupid tech, ridiculous rules, favouritism for certain drivers, a certain team with carte blanc to win regardless due to the rule fixing that went on to keep them in the sport.

I will likely watch until the end, but every race gets further from the days when I could barely sleep in anticipation of PRACTICE SESSIONS, let alone qualy or the race itself. Sunday morning warm up!, wow, race days at a circuit were awesome events. Now, I have given up bothering to even consider going to any races, too predictable, too boring, too quiet!

sammysaber likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Uh f1 was already boring when ferrari and ms dominated...who would want to watch every week a 1-2 ferrari?
    To me it has been boring since 2000

Caracciola likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Uhhhhh, ferrarichat! Hehehe. I loved watching the mclarens dominate under Senna, and Schumacher with ferrari were amazing, because although ultimately they dominated, it was as a result of weekly testing and development, where some weeks were faster, and they had to claw it back, and other weeks we flew...... it wasn't usually the boring event we have now, where without a problem, Mercedes get every pole position, and win just about every race unless they have a mechanical problem or tyre issues

15. Natkingcolebasket69

I stopped watching religiously after 97 when my man jaques villeneuve won the title... after this i could not stand MS anymore and basically almost took me away from ferrari.
    Still rmbr when he hit villeneuve in jerez ; jaques lafitte our french broadcaster and former f1 guy screamed on live TV: what an a@@hole lol

Caracciola likes this.
  16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    As a schumi fan, I was laughing my head off!!!!! There are plenty occasions where one driver has purposely tried the same, Elton has, Seb has, alonso, hill, you name them, most champs had an episode of red mist sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. islerodreaming

islerodreaming Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Full Name:
    John - a proud Australian man
    The garagisti were nothing without Walt Hassan's brilliance at Coventry in the 50's and early 60's

18. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

It will be a long time, if ever, that another Driver can eclipse his 7 WDC titles.

sammysaber and daytona355 like this.
  19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And even then, there's no way anyone of this era will have had such a hard achievement as schumis. It required staying ahead of unlimited development and testing for years at a time with unlimited resources. Now, it just takes being the first to have the best car at the fixing of the rules for a five year period, aka red bull and mercedes. In his prime, Schumacher would have destroyed all comers from today's grid, and still had time to stop for a burger in the pits, and listen to radio 4 in the cockpit

NEP and sammysaber like this.
  20. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    this is definitely william lol

sammysaber likes this.
  21. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    i think in no particular order you need to have bernie, adrian newey, colin chapman, enzo and michael schumacher

22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And yet Lewis tries his best to emulate Senna and still you like him....

NEP and daytona355 like this.
  23. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    One of the reasons is that Sir Michael Schumacher drove for Ferrari, Lewis did not.

Another reason; Michael Schumacher never tried to emulate anyone.

M. Schumacher is on a level Lil' Lewis will never be.

NEP and daytona355 like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Righr MS and all his dick moves did not try to emulate senna's manouver on Prost?
    Come on now...
    Lets not make MS pass for what he wasn't...in 94 he takes hill out gets away with it ...that same year benneton was caught for cheating and he knew about it... lastly 97 he tries to take villeneuve out and was disqualified from the world championship.
    Is he one of the GOAT ? yEs but he wasnt perfect...
    And so far as much as it pains me to say Hamilton has not tried to win a championship on 2 occasions by being shady. Facts

25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Yes, Lewis only tried once to win the WDC by being shady and he lost ;)

daytona355 likes this.