Euro to US license plate adapter | FerrariChat

Euro to US license plate adapter

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by intrepidcva11, Oct 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    anyone know of adapter to mount U S license plate on rear of 400/412?

2. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
  3. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    I need something as well. Anyone have any pics of how these are attached from inside?

4. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    How is it attached to the trunk lid or rear bumper? have to drill holes?

5. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Jason, wot the 'ell are you dune with my 400? ;-)

6. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
  7. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    may be the answer to my dreams. but, question: what are the eight screw cap covers for - four chrome, four black? more important second question: how easy is it for some nasty person wandering in the parking garage of the Waldorf Astoria to remove the plate? Not that I'm likely to leave the car in unattended parking area, but wondering.

8. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Your license plate is screwed to the magnets using the normal holes and the the screw cap covers are decorative (and optional to use) to hide the head of the screws. Each kit comes with 4 screw cap covers. 4 chrome if you get a chrome frame OR 4 black if you get a black frame. As for theft there is no outward sign that this mount is magnetic so any passer by would be convinced that the plate is held to the body of the car by the 4 screws that actually go to the magnets. Unless someone physically walked up to your car, grabbed the plate, and tugged on it to release the hold of the magnets it would be IMPOSSIBLE to know how the plate is fixed on. Anyone that motivated is going to take your plate whether it is held on with magnets or screws through the body.

I will add that in addition to the rear mount solution we do have a very nifty front solution that has been gobbled up by Ferrari dealers due to its clean install without making the slightest damage to the car. Here is a link to the product page and the 400/412 cars work perfectly with it.

https://www.carbonio.com/Ferrari_Front_License_Plate_Mount_1948_1989_p/lpm-fer-1948-1989.htm