The Lewis "Elton" Hamilton Sucks Thread | Page 32 | FerrariChat

The Lewis "Elton" Hamilton Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by nsxrebel, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Maybe, it's a nice thing though

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Right...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    The drivers stand and take off their hats for each other's national anthem at the end of the race when the awards are presented. It is not too much to ask that they also stand for the host country's anthem at the beginning of the race. If Hamilton kneeled, and the FIA did not severely sanction him (to include not letting him drive in the event), I would turn off the race and stop being an F1 fan.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Does anybody actually believe that he does something like that??? He is talking about it, that is about as far as he gets...Talking is easy....

5. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Let's be a little more inclusive of the facts. Kaepernick also converted to Islam (a possible result of his marriage to a Muslim) and has a leftist agenda that is shared by most of the black athletes in the NFL. They are using this to promote the BLM movement which is a Marxist front group. This isn't about "police brutality" this is about hating the United States of America. Hamilton obviously feels a need to assert his "blackness" in some way. Perhaps someone has gotten to him and is pushing this agenda. I personally will have no problem removing myself from the F1 audience is they allow Hamilton or any other driver to turn this this sport into a political football (pardon the pun).

6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Yes, be inclusive of the facts...fyi, Kaepernick isn't married either but his girlfriend is an Egyptian Muslim (as are most Egyptians).

http://www.snopes.com/colin-kaepernick-converts-to-islam/

I don't think most people think about all of this in a critical manner, mostly its reactive and emotional. Always follow the $$ to understand the agenda (not singling you out, ftr).

LH would be wise to avoid jumping into something that he doesn't fully understand.

7. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Why? Aparently he won 3 WDC without really understanding the buttons on the steering wheel ;)

daytona355 likes this.
  8. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well if he had understood them he may have had 4 WDC's :)
    IMO he should just stick to putting his foot down... and drive..

Caracciola likes this.
  9. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Any non US citizen, including LH should stay out of this kneeling thing. It is an internal matter for the US and its citizens to deal with.

All F1 drivers need to remember that they race in every country at the express invitation of each nation. That should be respected. If they cannot respect the wishes of their hosts, then they should not be there in the first place. Equally, if they publicly embarrass the host nation, they should lose all points for that event plus additional penalties for themselves and their team.

Sport is sport. It should not be used to score political points.

daytona355 and ricksb like this.
  10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    In general I agree with this, but: Remember all the hoopla over the race in Bahrain after the local government committed some human rights violations? Suddenly F1 was used as a platform to hurl international protest against the local govt and everybody was fine with it.

I agree that sports and politics shouldn't mix but sometimes it is hard to keep them apart.

Caracciola likes this.
  11. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

My initial question was: Why do we have that practice before or after a sporting event? Nobody has answered that.

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Don´t know..never thought about it.....but i sorta like it..

13. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Is that a new FIA rule, or did you make it up ? LOL

14. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

15. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

I looked a it a bit more. Apparently national anthems started to be played at sporting events in some countries after WWI, to commemorate the people who died during the conflict. Got that from a football fan.

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yeah, it sucks to live that lifestyle ;)

17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Boring. I watched about ten seconds, realised it was some kind of tribute, and decided I couldn't afford to lose any more of my lifetime on that crap

375+ likes this.
  18. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, and to be paid for sucking at something he'd probably do for free, who'd a thunk it. :D

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That aside I was stunned by the wealth he already has: A quarter billion and houses everywhere, not bad at all. Don't care too much for the cars he has, they're chump change given his other possessions. Ah, and then was a picture of Nicole Scherzinger. :)

ATBNM3, kraftwerk and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    He must be relieved the 2 Nicole's in his life are now history ..he seems to be much more happy n relaxed this year!

ATBNM3 likes this.
  21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Yawn

ATBNM3 likes this.
  23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You keep saying the same thing, yet fail to acknowledge this thread is devoted to discussion about one particular polarising driver. Plenty of other interesting threads to read about tactics and abilities buddy

Better yet, start some threads and invite participation on your favoured subjects

24. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    This is great http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/41576209

Vowles adds: "Of all the drivers I've ever worked with, Lewis is the one who is able to quickly and dynamically react to a changing set of circumstances. That's one of the key reasons as to why he is so good in qualifying.

"You have echelons of drivers throughout the grid. You have the Alonsos, the Lewises and the Vettels of this world, who are at times in a league of their own. Until you have referenced them all together at the same time in the same car you will never be able to answer who is the best.

"I think Fernando is exceptional as well but there are times when he isn't extracting everything that car has to bring - at all. It is difficult to find your motivation perhaps when you are behind but with Lewis I don't ever see that lack of motivation. And again Sebastian there are times where he had a faster car and Lewis has managed to beat him. By milliseconds - but has managed to beat him."

ATBNM3 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  25. I did acknowledge. :)
    Maybe you misunderstood. :oops:
    Once again...the highlights.... ;)

ATBNM3 likes this.