F355 Challenge - Logo Placement Drawings | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F355 Challenge - Logo Placement Drawings

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Robb, Feb 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I'm in just emailed her

Thank y0u :)

2. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
  3. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Signarama has my artwork for the IMSA/Ferrari Challenge decals on file. The technician and I worked hard to design a very accurate reproduction of the original back in 2012. Make sure they laminate the decals when you place your order. You'll be pleased with the quality of these reproductions.

Click on the photo for a full size image. Then click on the magnifying glass for high resolution.

Robb likes this.
  4. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Thanks for making it all available to us! Greatly appreciated!

5. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    +1

6. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Ira,

Post before and after photos of you car here when you're done.

Barry

7. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Reviving an old thread as I work through cleaning up my 1998 355 challenge and I’ve got some questions for those of you who have been down this road already.

I dug through the car’s history and race docs to discover it ran the series in ‘98 & ‘99 with one driver and 2000 with its second owner. I also came across photos of the car from its first and second race in ‘98 and it looks like the car didn’t have the livery placed exactly as the illustration from the manual indicates. So my question is do I livery it according to how the booklet suggested or to how it looked in its first race or even second as you can see they added a windshield sponsor decal between its first and second outing.

My second question is what are the best sources for the livery? I ordered what was correct and available from Acromann (Pirelli, Shell, OMP, Biffe, Magnet Marelli, Speedline, and Diavia) but they didn’t offer the INA Assitalia, SA Saima, Professional Sports Car Racing, or the Asprey number stickers. I haven’t called the couple of print shops mentioned yet to see if they still had the files for these but does anyone know sources for those last several?

8. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Hi Joe,

The illustrations in the Technical Regulations Manual served as a general guide for logo placement on the car. They show the primary sponsors for the Ferrari Challenge Series year by year. The decals were to be placed as near as possible to the positions indicated in the illustrations. Drivers were allowed to place private sponsor decals on their cars. Some Series and private sponsors changed from year to year and even from race to race. Pick a favorite photo of your car and place your decals in the positions they were in for that race. I recommend placing the windshield sunscreen decal on your car as it helps cut down on sun glare when you track your car in the early morning and late afternoon.

Signarama Kenilworth has the art work you need for the Saima Avandero, Professional Sports Car Racing, and Asprey number decals. I provided them with this art work several years ago and it should still be on file.

Here is Signarama Kenilworth's contact information:

Signarama Kenilworth, NJ
    365 Market Street
    Kenilworth, NJ 07033

908-272-4232

Ask for Nada.

Barry

9. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Barry, I appreciate your advice and the contact info on the decals I’m missing. I’ll get with them ASAP. Owe you lunch/dinner when we meet up at a future event for all of your guidance!

10. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    It's my pleasure, Joe. When the Ferrari Factory decided to take their 1995 F355 Competizione and replicate an F355 Challenge for display in their museum, I took some pictures of a friend's Tommy Hilfiger F355 Challenge in its 1998 livery for Signarama to create the Saima Avandero, Professional Sports Car Racing, and Asprey number decals. See this thread: 1995 Ferrari F355 Competizione

The artwork for the decals will be on file at Signarama Kenilworth in my folder. Just give Nada my name and tell her what you need.

Barry

JAM1 likes this.
  11. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Jasonberkeley and JAM1 like this.
  12. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Agree with Barry- replicate as the car raced in period so it matches up with the photos from when it originally raced. That's what I did with my 348 Challenge as well.

Barry has been a constant source of information on these cars and has always been willing to assist! I too sourced a number of my vinyl graphics from Barry's source!

13. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Narrowed focus to have my 355ch evo livery as it was last raced in 2000 by Sarah Wahl at Mugello where records indicate she came in second amongst 355s in the first race and first in the second. The car was yellow with black stripes and numbered 151 at that time. I've only got one grainy image of the car from that race. Does anyone happen to have or know where I can locate other photos from that race? I've googled and scoured the site to no avail, and hoped someone could point me in the right direction so I can get my car finished up!

14. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Joe,

Contact Bruce B. Miller. He photographed the Ferrari Challenge Series races years ago. You've probably seen his photos in this thread: Challenge car pictures!!!

His telephone number might still be 832-692-0926

Barry

JAM1 likes this.
  15. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks Barry. I reached out to him but wanted to check here too since the archived pages were where I found this one:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. mclaudio

mclaudio Formula 3

Dec 13, 2003
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Claudio
    Last time I communicated with Bruce, he has sold the rights to the Challenge series photographs to another party.

17. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Bruce should be able to tell Joe who to contact to obtain photos of his car when it raced.